Back to Object-Oriented Data Structures in C++

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Object-Oriented Data Structures in C++ by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

This course teaches learners how to write a program in the C++ language, including how to set up a development environment for writing and debugging C++ code and how to implement data structures as C++ classes. It is the first course in the Accelerated CS Fundamentals specialization, and subsequent courses in this specialization will be using C++ as the language for implementing the data structures covered in class....

EQ

Jan 12, 2020

Honestly, this is a great crash course in OOP for C++ (though the ideas can be applied to any language). Previous experience with C++ is almost a necessity, the lessons can be complicated for novices.

WW

Jul 20, 2022

This course is indeed one of kind I would really recommand it to anyone seeking to improve their knowledge and hone their skills in the field of computer science more specifically in C++ programming.

526 - 550 of 627 Reviews for Object-Oriented Data Structures in C++

By Anushka M

Jun 12, 2020

i think that the TA's should be more active in answering the doubts because no one else is there to help the students out and it really gets frustrating because you are into the code but don't know whats wrong.

else everything else is fine

By Cody P

Jan 2, 2021

It's a good C++ crash course, especially for someone with some object oriented programming experience. Experience in another programming language is a prerequisite--though I'm not sure they make that obvious, based on other reviews?

By Angel G

Oct 17, 2019

It is good quality and I like the pace. Since I had experience in programming, though not in C++, I could go over the material quickly and finish in a few days. Still, it feels like the contents need just a bit more polishing.

By Nithin S

Jul 18, 2020

the entire code should be shown while explaining so that it is easier for the learner to correlate and link and understand displaying of the code bit by bit in the form of snippets leads to confusion

I urge you to change that

By Satyam K N

Mar 28, 2021

Hello everyone,I just finished my Object-Oriented Data Structures in C++ course at ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY, and I have to say it was a fantastic experience. I learned a lot and my understanding of this topic is more precise.

By Aditya t

Jul 4, 2020

Yes i found this course useful and also learned few new things but content wise i honestly felt need to increase and also add advanced OOP concepts like polymerphism, and few other. Overall it was good.. Thankyou..!!

By Nimra M

Oct 19, 2021

I had a great experience with this course it provides thorough understanding of object oriented programming I learned a lot from the quizes as well and the assignment were a good practice with quick results.

By Yara S

Jun 26, 2020

I liked the course very much especially the assignments. I really enjoyed coding for this course. But sometimes I felt lost because of mentioning thing that I was supposed to be knowing before and I did not.

By Taranpreet s

Sep 25, 2020

Great explanations by the professor, only reason I am giving 4 stars is due to less support from course staff. Although assignments are well designed, instructions for few are confusing.

By Mudit T

Jul 10, 2020

It could have been done in a better fashion, e.g., keeping the difficulty constant, but making some things easy and some things hard just makes the student wonder about their own skills.

By PREMDEEP A

Jan 4, 2021

Good Course. I really liked the explanation for "how namespaces are used in C++". It is one of my most valuable take-ups from this course besides many interesting fundamentals taught

By Sai G R K

Dec 11, 2020

Week 1,2 and 3 were good but in the revised week 4 , a concept used in the lecture was not covered and it was hard to understand the code written for tower of hanoi in C++

By Isaac C A

Feb 19, 2020

You learn a lot of important concepts very quickly. Assignments and test are fun and really evaluate your concepts. I'd love to have seen more of operator overloading.

By Udayan S

Mar 27, 2022

I think its a great one, need to have more focus on the C++ programming assignments, so as to test those aspects further. Overall enjoyed the entire course. Kudos!!

By Yu W

Nov 4, 2019

I think it's a bit too easy. I was expecting extensive knowledge and practices on C++ OOP like inheritance, abstract class, virtual functions, more advanced topics.

By Gunjan B

Feb 7, 2021

The final programming assignment was actually a normal coding assignment rather than pure C++ object oriented programming. Overall the course is enjoyable.

By Doug E

Feb 27, 2020

Great course! It would be a bit better if there was more code-writing involved to reinforce the language, rather than directly quizzing language esoterica.

By Thomas B

May 2, 2020

Excellent but the support staff seems to have disappeared recently. Moreover the leap between the lecture material and assignments is a little too large.

By Mahir M

Oct 23, 2021

T​his course is one of the best, I gave 4 stars because some times the assignment are not so clear and understandable and due to compiling probles too!

By Hernan T

Apr 6, 2021

The course was nice but the project was awful. I'm glad I have some 'pro' code to study from but I felt it wasn't relevant to the level of the content.

By SAURABH P

Aug 11, 2020

The skims through the topics. The explanation of the concepts is good but merely the overview. More projects with more difficulty would benefit more.

By Kartikay B

Overall good course, with brainstorming practical exercises and challenges.

A Medium to hard kind of course and student should "know" C++ language

By Ali M

Nov 14, 2019

The course is very high level. Will like to see more detailed lectures and gradded assignements to get a better handle at pointers and classes.

By TIANMIN L

Dec 13, 2020

Nice course to refersh my C++ knowledge. However, there doesn't seem to be any tutorial on debugging. I ended up using gdb on cloud9.

By Omar M

Oct 17, 2020

the finale project subbmition mechanichs was not the best thing i tried as it caused me a delay of 3 or 4 days to end this project