Back to Developing Data Products

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Developing Data Products by Johns Hopkins University

A data product is the production output from a statistical analysis. Data products automate complex analysis tasks or use technology to expand the utility of a data informed model, algorithm or inference. This course covers the basics of creating data products using Shiny, R packages, and interactive graphics. The course will focus on the statistical fundamentals of creating a data product that can be used to tell a story about data to a mass audience....

Mar 04, 2016

This is a great introduction to some of the many ways to present your data. It's probably the easiest course in the specialisation but shows off an impressive array of widgets and gadgets.

RS

Nov 19, 2018

This course was amazing, it could definetly be more deep in each of the subjects, but gives you so much practice in tools that are very useful in the day by day of a data scientist

301 - 325 of 348 Reviews for Developing Data Products

By Andrew V

May 31, 2017

Good course, but I felt it was a bit easy to get good marks on the assignments with a minimum effort assignment. Some of the ones I marked were very little to do with data-science.

By Fernando M

Sep 04, 2017

Quite hard for a non-specialist but very useful

By Rishabh J

Aug 23, 2017

This was just a quick overview of different technologies out there to help creating various types of interactive graphics in R. But I would have preferred if at least one of those technologies were explored in more detail.

By Mehul P

Oct 04, 2017

Nice explanation.

By VIPULKUMAR P

Apr 10, 2017

Nice course and good classmates. It's very focus oriented and gives very good idea of Shiny, Rmarkdown, plotly and how to publish documents on github, Rpubs and other online sites. I learnt power of R

By Andrew W

Mar 19, 2018

Fantastic tools, had lots of fun with the projects.

By Rajib K

May 18, 2017

good

By matthieu c

Sep 10, 2017

I've never had an introduction to online application, so I found the course extremely interesting.

By Francisco J R A

Oct 30, 2017

Interesting course because you learn how to develop applications in real time

By Christian B

Jun 11, 2017

Nice course. Not on the same level the some of the other classes but it teaches some nice tools.

By Bruno H

Mar 24, 2017

Nice course. Developping a web app in R is not exactly mainstream, but I learned a lot.

By Chonlatit P

Oct 30, 2018

Great course. but I think some lesson should be together in one week and add presentation lesson more.

By Anup K M

Oct 30, 2018

good content

By Alfredo A N

Apr 08, 2019

Interesting course but some topics don't have motivation

By German R M S

Jul 25, 2019

Excelente curso, 4 estrellas debido a que las instrucciones para revisión no son tan claras y los compañeros revisan de forma subjetiva.

By Manuel E

Aug 30, 2019

Some parts could be dropped and devote that time to develop the content of others beyond scratching the surface.

By Jesse K

Dec 27, 2018

The concept itself was great, but there were numerous issues with the peer review exams, especially around the requirements.

By Diego T B

Nov 07, 2018

Interesting but I had to learn most of the things here by my own

By Vijay B

Feb 08, 2019

Review took too long

By Tai C M

Oct 07, 2017

Not bad. But I feel that this topic is more for those who likes to develop web products.

By Ytsen d B

Aug 15, 2017

From this course I took away how to make shiny apps.

This is very useful and fun to do.

There was much more material covered in the course, but that was not tested via the assignments.

That means that passing the course does not ensure that you actually master these subjects as well (one example is creating and publishing a new R package).

By Alvaro B C

Jan 18, 2016

I have not received yet my certificated and I can't see it in the list. Is there something wrong?

By Guilherme B D J

Oct 13, 2016

Although I really liked the content of this course, the videos seemed to be have been done with rush. Many of the explanations were started but not finished and the presenter had many breaks during his speech to think or to go back with a better explanation.

By Allen C L

Dec 21, 2016

The course introduces us to a ton of valuable material for developing data products. But it is up to the student to have the initiative to dig deeper into the material by going through the various API reference documentations in order to create the final data applications. I'm not sure there is a better way to teach this course; but it felt like I was left to my own devices to complete the course. In a way it was a good learning experience to have to complete the assignments without much hand-holding from the instructors.

By Jo S

May 04, 2016

The course is fine in the content. As usual, the presentation from Brian Caffo is rather rushed and stumbling. A better presenting style would improve the course no end, but ultimately, what is covered is what you need. I generally just avoid the videos and read the slides.