Back to Econometrics: Methods and Applications

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Econometrics: Methods and Applications by Erasmus University Rotterdam

Welcome! Do you wish to know how to analyze and solve business and economic questions with data analysis tools? Then Econometrics by Erasmus University Rotterdam is the right course for you, as you learn how to translate data into models to make forecasts and to support decision making. * What do I learn? When you know econometrics, you are able to translate data into models to make forecasts and to support decision making in a wide variety of fields, ranging from macroeconomics to finance and marketing. Our course starts with introductory lectures on simple and multiple regression, followed by topics of special interest to deal with model specification, endogenous variables, binary choice data, and time series data. You learn these key topics in econometrics by watching the videos with in-video quizzes and by making post-video training exercises. * Do I need prior knowledge? The course is suitable for (advanced undergraduate) students in economics, finance, business, engineering, and data analysis, as well as for those who work in these fields. The course requires some basics of matrices, probability, and statistics, which are reviewed in the Building Blocks module. * What literature can I consult to support my studies? You can follow the MOOC without studying additional sources. Further reading of the discussed topics (including the Building Blocks) is provided in the textbook that we wrote and on which the MOOC is based: Econometric Methods with Applications in Business and Economics, Oxford University Press. The connection between the MOOC modules and the book chapters is shown in the Course Guide – Further Information – How can I continue my studies. * Will there be teaching assistants active to guide me through the course? Staff and PhD students of our Econometric Institute will provide guidance in January and February of each year. In other periods, we provide only elementary guidance. We always advise you to connect with fellow learners of this course to discuss topics and exercises. * How will I get a certificate? To gain the certificate of this course, you are asked to make six Test Exercises (one per module) and a Case Project. Further, you perform peer-reviewing activities of the work of three of your fellow learners of this MOOC. You gain the certificate if you pass all seven assignments. Have a nice journey into the world of Econometrics! The Econometrics team...

JJ

Nov 16, 2015

The design of the course is very Helpful and efficient. The course is well explained. The instructors are very clear and master the subject. They very detailed and well organized.

TM

Jun 09, 2016

Very practical, I would urge people who intend to take this course to come to this course with at least some knowledge of econometrics and statistics. It would come in handy.

51 - 75 of 152 Reviews for Econometrics: Methods and Applications

By Kyle A

Aug 22, 2016

I love the course structure where it started with fundamental concepts and used all that we learned to take on a case project.

By Sibi A C

Nov 09, 2015

top course for learners

By Huang h

Feb 09, 2016

Highly recommend this course! Looking forward to learn an advanced version.

By Saket B

Jun 25, 2017

nice

By Rongrong Z

Oct 10, 2016

It is really helpful!

By Nguyen P Q

Sep 25, 2016

Great and very practical course.

By Yoseph M

Apr 25, 2017

I found it one of the Best MOOC and I am looking forward to learn more.

By Shafiqul I S

Jun 18, 2017

Very informative and analytic. Subject to deep understanding of statistics

By Tran D B

Aug 01, 2017

d

By Jhon A A C

Jun 07, 2017

Good.

By Vinay P

Oct 25, 2016

Excellent work and thank you. the exercises and tests are great. Including some eviews assignments along with eviews access during duration of the course will be great.

By trilok k y

May 23, 2018

Nice, clear and crisp instructions. Assignments are also well made and really helpful.

By Jun W

Jan 18, 2016

Very solid course. Instructors are great and the difficulty of the course materials are just right. I suggest finishing the Building Blocks first.

By Christos B

Sep 28, 2016

Great course and well taught!

By Danilo C

Apr 24, 2016

ESTE CURSO ES MUY BUENO POR QUE ESTOY APRENDIENDO MAS TEMAS DE ECONOMETRÍA YA QUE EN CLASES DE ECONOMETRÍA DE LA UNIVERSIDAD NO HE RECIBIDO.

By Serge d V

Apr 24, 2016

Very useful course for those who want to learn what is behind econometric tools and what their limitations are. The combination between practice and theory makes it an exciting learning experience that is worth the time investment. For those, like myself, that were not 100% up to speed at the start, a significant time investment is needed. To finish the course I had to spend in excess of 20 hours a week to satisfactorily understand the material and be able to reproduce the main takeaways. I am sure the course can be successfully completed with less effort, but grasping the essence of the material made sense to me as I am trying to get a better idea of how to use econometric tools. Conclusion: it is completely worth your time, but if you are not sufficiently well versed in math and statistics, basic college level, you will need to make a significant time investment to make full use of the material.

By Zein E A M M S

Apr 19, 2017

Excellent, well structured and well explained.

Thanks

By Dai Q

May 18, 2016

By Vasily P

Feb 11, 2016

Really profound course in econometrics.

By Harro F A C

Aug 31, 2017

The first time I took this course, I basically "rage quit". I found it difficult to follow the proofs and the heavy use of linear algebra scared me. After one year I returned to it (with more knowledge of the prerequisites) and loved it. This is an outstanding course that covers some common topics in econometrics in good detail. While the course tries to develop your intuition, there is also some work applied to mathematical proofs. The only minor complaint that I have is that it still lacks some material on how to apply the methods using common programming languages or statistical software. Nevertheless, most of the applied assignments can be done using basic commands (at least in R). If you have a good grasp of the prerequisites, I definitely recommend this course.

By Diego G E

Mar 03, 2017

Easy to understand [If you are familiar to the course] and imparted by intelligent and intelligible professors.

By Alberto E d T

May 08, 2018

I think that I understand Econometrics now. Fantastic course.

By Alí M

Sep 27, 2017

Bastante interesante

By Pingchuan M

Sep 20, 2017

The most strongly recommended.

All the knowledge involved is very difficult. But this is exactly what I want. I view myself as a smart guy. But believe me, you will spend more time than the suggested time cost on the website. But all the payout is worthy.

If you don't have enough statistic knowledge, it's okay. But I think you should go over the optional week 8 materials very carefully before you study this course. And I think week 8 materials are enough.

Every week has 5 parts, and after every part, there is a small training exercise to solid your understanding. And at the end of every week, there is a peer-reviewed test. And believe me, if you complete all the well-designed training and tests 100%, you will no longer fear for the relevant problem.

By Majid A

Feb 17, 2016

Excellent & Well organized course with great team!