Back to Command Line Tools for Genomic Data Science

Command Line Tools for Genomic Data Science, Johns Hopkins University

4.2

About this Course

Introduces to the commands that you need to manage and analyze directories, files, and large sets of genomic data. This is the fourth course in the Genomic Big Data Science Specialization from Johns Hopkins University....

By JJ

Jun 23, 2018

Thank you very much Dr./Professor, Liliana Florea. I've learned a lot. It's a very good opportunity to improve my knowledge. This means a lot to me.

By GV

Mar 14, 2016

Very informative course. Because I am new to this, it was at times confusing. But overall, great teaching and great experience. Thank you.

75 Reviews

By Erik Koppes

Mar 04, 2019

Excellent Introduction to Command Line Tools used in High Throughput Sequencing Analysis.

By 李俊宏

Mar 03, 2019

This course is reasonably difficult. The assignments are quite fulfilling and well organized by virtual machine. I hope the slides could be more detailed because it too simple.

By Keri Multerer

Feb 27, 2019

I learned a ton and feel like I understand the formats of all of the different really well. I will say that week 4 is out of date in that Tophat has been replaced with HISAT and I wasn't able to download the tools needed. It wasn't a waste of time to learn tophat but would have been nice to learn the most recent tools.

By Tran Nguyen

Feb 25, 2019

It was a quite challenging experience, especially the final module. The problem you have to deal with is not "how to properly use the programs/tools", instead, we have to learn "how to play with the parameters" so that we can have the right answers for the quiz/exam questions. There were a lot of failures throughout this course, I had to watch the lectures again and again, deeply dive into the discussions in course forum, search google and seqsanswer/biostar forum, etc.... I became hating the lecturer and the mentors for theirs not so well organized lectures and answers ... But afterall, I've learned a lot. Thank you!

By Amy Gill

Feb 16, 2019

This course is not at all up to the standards set by its companion courses. The assignments require a VMbox that is broken, the transcripts are way off base, the tools are somewhat out of date, and the content and message board reflect lack of sincere oversight and care for student experience. Yes, it is possible to pass if you are diligent. Yes, it contains useful commands. No, it is not at all worth the effort. It should be replaced, removed for the sequence, or severely revised.

By Stefanie Meier

Feb 10, 2019

A lot of things are not explained in the course

By Anna Blümel

Feb 08, 2019

Exams take way longer than suggested, rest is good-OK

By Dahis Manzanares

Jan 30, 2019

Detailed and challenging.

By Hemanoel Passarelli Araujo

Jan 24, 2019

I really love this course. It changed my life

By oyebode james Oyeyemi

Dec 20, 2018

Very fine course. drills students well. would prefer if files used in examples were provided for students before the class. it makes life easier. would also prefer students are advised how to install tools on their laptops. Good course overall and I learnt much