Back to Guitar for Beginners

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Guitar for Beginners by Berklee College of Music

Grasp the essentials needed to begin playing acoustic or electric guitar. You'll learn an easy approach to get you playing quickly, through a combination of exploring the instrument, performance technique, and basic music theory. For students who have long thought about picking up the acoustic or electric guitar, this course will provide an easy-access foundation that will get you playing. When first learning guitar, it is important to have the material presented in stages, in an enjoyable way that allows you to grasp the basics of the instrument and music. The course begins simply with the parts of the guitar, the names of the strings, tuning, and technique—whether finger-style or pick. It then explores the basics of music theory with such topics as scales, triads, power chords, and fingering and shapes. At the end of this course, students will understand the structure, parts, and accessories of the instrument, in addition to an understanding of its basic maintenance. Electric guitar players will learn the operation of their instrument along with basic options for amplification, effect pedals, and sounds. Students will also learn to develop correct technique and apply theory concepts to their playing. They will have the foundational knowledge necessary to pursue most intermediate guitar courses....

RR

Oct 12, 2015

Dear Friends,\n\nI really enjoyed this course, specially the way "Thaddeus Hogarth" teach the course, It is unbelievably strong and master piece.\n\nThanks a lot "Thaddeus Hogarth"\n\nGod bless you

MG

Aug 09, 2017

Amazing course for a beginner and someone who want to pick it up after a long break. I would suggest this for people who has sufficient experience with the instrument. The tutor is really amazing.

76 - 100 of 417 Reviews for Guitar for Beginners

By Dana H

Feb 21, 2016

Great for absolute beginners and those with some experience alike. Thaddeus Hogarth is an excellent instructor. I learned a lot.

By Humberto V

Jan 11, 2016

Excelente curso, aprendi muchas cosas que desconocia, muy recomendable y sobre todo porque es necesario realizar los ejercicios

By Qichen X

Aug 14, 2017

The course is very well structured and good for beginners. I started as a complete beginners and I really enjoyed this course.

By chukwudi

Aug 27, 2015

all my argument against learning a skill like guitar or piano from watching videos was defeated after i've viewed this course

By Vadim E

Feb 20, 2016

Very good course which bring you into basics of music theory as well as how does it work on the guitar. Very recommended!

By Luiz S

Oct 09, 2015

Excellent course for those who are beginning to play the guitar and initiating their experiments on the world of music!

By AnandVVN

Sep 22, 2015

I love this course, the instructor is teaching from the basics and nicely in a easy and simple to understand language

By Ramyaa.H

Sep 30, 2015

I simply love this course...It's is so easy to understand everything you need to know about a guitar....

Thanks a lot !

By Pan P P H

Nov 22, 2015

I got a lot of knowledge from this course and I will continue learning more about guitar . And very thanks to tutor.

By Lauro K J

Aug 20, 2015

This is a complete intro guitar course! Every detail is showed... there's no excuses, and only one direction: learn!

By Christopher J P

Jul 02, 2018

Very good for a beginner course. Happy to be taught some basic theory. Course definitely exceeded my expectations.

By Aron H

Nov 26, 2015

Fantastic course. Learning a lot, will dive deeper into the berklee courses for sure, very high quality material.

By Fernando C F

Oct 07, 2015

I get it once, and I am doing a review now.

This college is awsome, this course too.

Maybe someday I will be there!

By Bruce N

Dec 16, 2018

I enjoyed this course. I found it to be a good introduction to guitar, or a good knowledge check on the basics.

By Hosain A

Sep 30, 2016

Thank you so much ,,, just my english not so good and google not help good ,,,

pest regards coursera and teacher

By Alexis G P

Mar 15, 2016

Es un muy buen curso ya que en el puedes encontrar tu lado musical y aprender a desarrollar tu sentido musical.

By kev d

Jan 14, 2016

Excellent so far I'm learning lots. I course delivered at good pace. plenty of practice and theory is good tio

By Norris M

Feb 24, 2016

I loved your guitar course. It was well thought out. I will continue to work on the exercises you've given us.

By Lulu Z

Jan 13, 2017

The videos are very informative. The only setback is the pacing. It is much too fast for a complete beginner.

By Lu H

Dec 10, 2015

Excellent. However I do not know why I can not get something like confirmation after I finished the course.

By Luis A S

Mar 20, 2016

Excelent!! It Gives you all the necesary tools about theory and practice for the initiation on the guitar.

By Srivathsan P

Feb 04, 2016

Well structured course content. Unfortunately, I am not able to do all the practical sessions on time :(

By Mervyn F

Nov 19, 2015

Great course for those whose to start learning guitar. Its all the basics you need (Chords, Scales etc.)

By Deborah R

Aug 01, 2018

Good course. Lots of information, even for someone who plays already> I would like to see a level 2. :)

By María M

Oct 27, 2015

Great Course! thanks to Berklee College of Music to give this to any interested human being on earth!