Back to Guitar for Beginners

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Guitar for Beginners by Berklee College of Music

Grasp the essentials needed to begin playing acoustic or electric guitar. You'll learn an easy approach to get you playing quickly, through a combination of exploring the instrument, performance technique, and basic music theory. For students who have long thought about picking up the acoustic or electric guitar, this course will provide an easy-access foundation that will get you playing. When first learning guitar, it is important to have the material presented in stages, in an enjoyable way that allows you to grasp the basics of the instrument and music. The course begins simply with the parts of the guitar, the names of the strings, tuning, and technique—whether finger-style or pick. It then explores the basics of music theory with such topics as scales, triads, power chords, and fingering and shapes. At the end of this course, students will understand the structure, parts, and accessories of the instrument, in addition to an understanding of its basic maintenance. Electric guitar players will learn the operation of their instrument along with basic options for amplification, effect pedals, and sounds. Students will also learn to develop correct technique and apply theory concepts to their playing. They will have the foundational knowledge necessary to pursue most intermediate guitar courses....

RR

Oct 12, 2015

Dear Friends,\n\nI really enjoyed this course, specially the way "Thaddeus Hogarth" teach the course, It is unbelievably strong and master piece.\n\nThanks a lot "Thaddeus Hogarth"\n\nGod bless you

MG

Aug 09, 2017

Amazing course for a beginner and someone who want to pick it up after a long break. I would suggest this for people who has sufficient experience with the instrument. The tutor is really amazing.

76 - 100 of 409 Reviews for Guitar for Beginners

By Huang Y

Sep 04, 2015

Though I have learned guitar for many years. This intro course still inspired me and give me a lot of important basic guitar knowledge. After this course, I think I can go futher in my guitar. Hope soon will have futher course for high level. : )

By 戴思聪

Mar 17, 2016

I` m a zero on guitar, but I can keep up with the course, and I can feel my improvement.

By Kevin M B

Jul 18, 2016

Great course! Just wish I had the time necessary to dedicate to do well in it.

By Fernando C F

Oct 07, 2015

I get it once, and I am doing a review now.

This college is awsome, this course too.

Maybe someday I will be there!

By 何玉玲

Oct 10, 2015

Reasonable arrangement for entry level. Strongly recommended.

By 樊雷松

Apr 14, 2016

喜欢。

By Joseph E S P

Sep 07, 2015

simplemente es increible

By Zeyu C

Sep 01, 2015

A procrastinator gets his power.

By Corina C

Aug 28, 2015

So glad to renew my knowledge about playing a guitar.

By Tomislav

Sep 29, 2016

Great course for beginners. Highly recommended. Great teacher, too.

By Wikus B

Aug 18, 2015

Awesome!

By Lauro K J

Aug 20, 2015

This is a complete intro guitar course! Every detail is showed... there's no excuses, and only one direction: learn!

By Aurora M Q

Nov 19, 2015

Genial, la única pega es que es caro el certificado comparado con otras plataformas que por la mitad de precio lo tienes, por lo demás el curso es muy recomendable.

By nestor j h g

Sep 26, 2015

Muuuy muuy buenoo

By Luis C P D l R

Aug 19, 2015

Great course!

By Darío C L

Jul 11, 2016

This is the first online course I take on music and gotta say it was really great. I have some basics on guitar but the theory was never given to me. I just followed. Now I am able to read basic music sheets and even though i still need more practice to fully understand everything the information will still be online. Thank you and keep it up with the great course.

By roberto m

Oct 09, 2015

great

By Francisco A C C

Nov 19, 2015

Excellent training, i want to take anothers like this.

By Ana V P M

Oct 20, 2015

I really enjoy this course. Everything is so clear.

By Pan P P H

Nov 22, 2015

I got a lot of knowledge from this course and I will continue learning more about guitar . And very thanks to tutor.

By DEEPAK R P

Mar 19, 2016

Great Course !! Awesome Experience...

By bryan c