Back to Managing as a Coach

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Managing as a Coach by University of California, Davis

Do you (or do you want to) manage employees? Have you ever wondered how to get better performance out of those you manage? Are you unsure if you are communicating effectively with your employees? If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, then this course – and its associated specialization – is for you! Leadership and management responsibilities have changed dramatically, particularly in the last decade. In order to be an effective manager in increasingly fast-paced and complex organizational environments, coaching has become essential. In this course, you will learn what coaching is and learn how to differentiate between it and all of the other myriad roles managers are expected to perform – managing, mentoring, leading, and training. You’ll learn about the importance of strong leadership and learn to describe your current point of view as a leader, and evaluate when to adjust your thinking in order to be more effective in managing and leading in a rapidly evolving workplace. And finally, you’ll be introduced to the Thought Model, a coaching technique you can use to develop better thinkers and better performers. So if you’re ready to learn all about how to be a more effective and valued manager using coaching techniques, join us as we explore more successful managing through coaching!...

JW

Aug 27, 2020

This was a great course to help reinforce the need to approach issues with the mindset of a coach. It will enable me to have much more productive conversations with people as we work through problems.

EM

Nov 18, 2017

A great course for the beginners. The videos are short and easy to comprehend. The slides can be downloaded in PDF - i find it very convenient as i can share some of those slides with my colleagues.

76 - 100 of 288 Reviews for Managing as a Coach

By Aniceto P y M

Jul 01, 2017

Very good. A bit repetitive, but very positive and the smile of professor Plachy and creates a very positive environment

By Luis A L V

Aug 09, 2019

Nice combination of theory and practice. The content is powerful if based on simple concepts, such as the thought model

By Aline B T S

Nov 16, 2017

I think the course was very interesting and all the subject learned can be used in my personal and professional life!

By Maria C T

Jul 25, 2017

I really enjoyed this course. It is simple, focused and gave many ideas on how to improve my relationship at work.

By Molly H

Jun 19, 2016

Great introduction to the course and the different roles a manager has. Looking forward to the rest of the course.

By evermondo g

Apr 01, 2016

An excellent course for those who want to know with exactitude their role in the company, and also in life itself.

By Ravindra S R

Oct 19, 2019

Excellent course it turns the table and gives a true reflection who you are as manager and what you should change

By Pooja A

Mar 14, 2018

Super impressed with the instructor and the course content. I will highly recommended to my friends and family

By Kalah L

May 12, 2020

Amazing course! I learned so much in an enjoyable way and I really liked the variety of ways we had to learn.

By PARVEEN K L

Apr 15, 2020

i have lernt so many things from thos coursera training prgram which will helpo me become as a good coach in

By maria e a

Sep 05, 2019

Excelente curso!! lo recomiendo al 100%

Es más, lo recomendé a mi hija en Australia y ya lo está siguiendo!!!

By Zubair A

Sep 29, 2020

It was a great learning experience for me and thought model which will help me to utilise in daily work.

By Ravichandran R

May 09, 2017

It will help in understanding peers and their problems through point of view and thought model topics.

By PATRICIA D

Aug 31, 2020

Extremely good. The tutor is so passionate about the topic and the course is very dynamic and useful.

By Liz R

Jul 28, 2020

Great course, it really met my expectations. The information shared was clear and easy to understand.

By ELY

Jul 14, 2020

Im very happy this course,the teacher was great , the course is very refresh not boring at all .

By reuban

Apr 21, 2020

i was pleasantly surprised. The course was engaging, interesting and life changing to be honest.

By Francesca R V

May 15, 2019

I acquired new perspectives so useful for my work.

highly recommended and thanks to Kris Plachy!

By Mbeke W

Dec 27, 2019

Amazing course with loads of useful, relevant and challenging content. Brilliant facilitation!

By Cathy V

Feb 23, 2019

Excellent course - great information, to the point webinars and user friendly delivery format.

By Valeria K C M

Sep 21, 2018

Me entregó una nueva mirada para evaluar mi actuar y de esta forma obtener mejores resultados.

By Joseph M R

Oct 17, 2019

Completely revolutionized my perspective and made me more efficient and I got better results!

By Andy H

Apr 17, 2020

Learn a lot from this course.It is valuable to spend time to join this online course.Thanks.

By Vivek J

Mar 16, 2017

Useful and handy introduction to the art of managing as a coach. Recommended for beginners.

By Carlos A L O

Aug 03, 2020

What a great course the insights about point of view ant thought model just blew my mind.