Back to The Social Context of Mental Health and Illness

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Social Context of Mental Health and Illness by University of Toronto

Learn how social factors promote mental health, influence the onset and course of mental illness, and affect how mental illnesses are diagnosed and treated. This course explores how our understanding of mental health and illness has been influenced by social attitudes and social developments in North America and around the world. The course begins by situating our contemporary mental health practices in historical context, then looks at different aspects of mental health, mental illness and mental health services and their connections to what’s going on in our social environment....

ZC

May 23, 2017

Awesome course by Professor Williams who taught us a lot about how to consider health issues under the social context to explore the interaction between health and social factors.

SB

Feb 21, 2019

It was so structured and meaningfully engaging. Loved every part of it . Thank you Charmaine for bringing this course to coursera. Lots of best wishes to you.

1 - 25 of 38 Reviews for The Social Context of Mental Health and Illness

By Bev K

May 30, 2017

I enjoyed taking this class. I learned some interesting facts about mental illness and genetic propensities.

By Yomna A M A Z

May 27, 2019

it is indeed a good and rich course. but i didn't like the idea of a) peer graded assignments and b) not having exams on each part so that we could feel the sense of a real course not just a huge amount of information without evaluating how much did we understand from it.

By Dean M

Jan 21, 2018

Needs to be updated. Everything is prior to 2013 data when the DSM has been updated

By Aksiniia I

Jun 14, 2018

P

By Kyle D M

Feb 25, 2019

This has been a wonderful course and I am glad that it is offered here through Coursera. I learned a lot and am able to apply my new skills into my current career position. Thank you Charmaine for a lovely experience and platform of learning.

By Shravani B

Feb 21, 2019

By Louise P

Mar 16, 2019

This was a really interesting and engaging course.

By Marlaina R

Feb 19, 2018

Great course! I learned so much about mental health and social context.

By Francesco M

Oct 31, 2016

Beautiful.

By Kwan P F E

Jan 30, 2017

This course helps to expand my views and critical thinking about mental health and mental illness.

By leilani b

Jan 20, 2017

Great course!

By Anastasia I

May 19, 2018

Great content. A lot of information about mental health and illness.

By JOHN Q

Oct 18, 2017

INTERESTING AND FUN COURSE. THANKS A LOT!

By Toluwanimi

Oct 26, 2017

Facilitator is very engaging and brings the subject to life. Will definitely recommend to anyone with any remote interest in mental hea

By Lisa M

Jan 30, 2017

I learned so much more on the history of Mental Health and Illness!! Thanks So Much!!

By Donovan L A B R

Apr 25, 2017

The content and activities are very well designed and professional. I higly recommend thsi course to any person interested in learning more about mental health and illness.

By Steven Z F

Nov 10, 2016

I like this course, it helps me a lot during my master of social work application season.

By sue p

Feb 15, 2017

I found this course insightful and helpful, thank you.

By Ilhwan D

Feb 27, 2017

An amazing course! Dr Williams is a great and engaging lecturer, and the information is presented extremely well. Furthermore, the content is very interesting and adds aspect rarely touched in other courses on mental health, such as cultural aspects and effects of colonialism.

By Pallavi D D

May 08, 2018

cool course

By Rhonda S H

Oct 08, 2016

love this class, very pleasant instructor lectures and good info

By Daithi M W

Mar 25, 2018

Great course. Very interesting topic, well-presented, and lots of useful readings.

By Katerina S

Jan 29, 2018

The material was updated and very thoroughly presented. Assignments were very helpful.

By Mohamed-Ali A

Aug 03, 2017

it any time

By kimberly G c

May 23, 2018

well worth the time. The professor makes the course easy to learn from.