Back to Python for Data Science and AI

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Python for Data Science and AI by IBM

This introduction to Python will kickstart your learning of Python for data science, as well as programming in general. This beginner-friendly Python course will take you from zero to programming in Python in a matter of hours. Module 1 - Python Basics o Your first program o Types o Expressions and Variables o String Operations Module 2 - Python Data Structures o Lists and Tuples o Sets o Dictionaries Module 3 - Python Programming Fundamentals o Conditions and Branching o Loops o Functions o Objects and Classes Module 4 - Working with Data in Python o Reading files with open o Writing files with open o Loading data with Pandas o Numpy Finally, you will create a project to test your skills....

HM

Nov 18, 2019

it becomes easier wand clearer when one gets to complete the assignments as to how to utilize what has been learned. Practical work is a great way to learn, which was a fundamental part of the course.

MA

The syllabus of the course takes you in a roller-coaster ride.\n\nFrom basic level to advance level and you won't feel any trouble nor hesitate a bit.\n\nIt's easy, it's vast, and it's really usefull.

276 - 300 of 2,406 Reviews for Python for Data Science and AI

By WAI S W W

Mar 23, 2020

I really enjoying studying this course and was highly engaged in each week's course materials. I hope coursera can provide a complete set of the materials in slides (PPT or PDF).

By Saikumar Y

Dec 22, 2019

When you try to do what you have learned by videos in lab then this is very good start for beginners, in fact this is the best way to learn python language quickly. Solid course!

By BODDU P K

Oct 11, 2018

The course is really is very good.I would like to go with this course for beginners especially for beginners as it provides much of python basics which is needed for data science.

By Cameron S

Feb 12, 2020

I found the

final lab challenging and a great opportunity to apply what I learnt . Practical and interesting. Feel as though I have accomplished a lot in a short period of time.

By Rakshit K

Jul 05, 2019

The course covers basics of the Python required for Data science in good manner. You would need to have good practice, to clear the exam and it is designed in a very great manner

By Bernard E

Jul 05, 2019

Thanks for the challenging Final Project. I learned a lot more than I expected from this course. The Final Project presented a few items that required me to expand my thinking.

By Aditya C

Apr 13, 2019

A good course which introduces us to the beginner modules of python. The final project also makes us use the introduced concepts and serves the purpose of being a building block.

By Carlos J B A

Jan 09, 2019

A rewarding experience because I have been able to learn very valuable information. It is an excellent course. It has helped me in the personal and professional field. Thank you.

By Vivek N

The course is well planned and taught with videos explaining the concepts and code briefly such that, the learner has a prior idea while practicing using the notebook lab file.

By Bobby K

Really well presented. As an experienced engineer, it was just what I needed to pick up Python but I imagine it can work for beginners too with a bit more homework and research

By Aman S T

Apr 19, 2020

Python course was nice from IBM. The instructor was good and you will learn a lot from these short videos. I recommend to take this course and find out yourself how good it is.

By Juan P B C

Nov 25, 2019

Curso muy completando con una buena introducción al lenguaje Python, que te dará los conocimientos necesarios para comenzar a desarrollarte en el mundo de la Ciencia de Datos

By Martina

Oct 08, 2019

This was amazing. I already have 2 years of experience with Python, but only in a very limited functionality. And this made me fall in love with Pandas and Numpy. Thank you!

By Mohana K P

Jul 09, 2019

Awesome and very helpful. This is my first step towards the Machine Learning & AI path. I am very much confident on my journey now as I got the kickstart with this course.

By Rafael G Á

Jun 03, 2020

Creo que está muy bien enfocado para personas con pocos conocimientos de programación y da unas nociones básicas pero muy concisas con las que puedes comenzar a trabajar.

By VATHALURU K K R

Jul 17, 2019

Great learning experience. I appreciate the way of teaching and tests taken place. Now I am able to understand what is Python and how we can use for Data Science and AI.

By Ricardo H

Jan 23, 2019

Very clear, even though sometimes quick (you can always have the chance to get back). Enjoy the final assignment (a bit more of a clue on scraping would have been handy).

By K. S

Jan 09, 2019

This course provides with the required knowledge about python programming and also helps us to study the course very easily and implement the techniques in our problems.

By Abdulah H A

Jul 23, 2019

I hope this course in the future provides more exercises that focus more on writing codes. Also, it would be even better if the videos show some real time code writing.

By Sharon T

Apr 06, 2020

You did an amazing job on this course Joseph! From the very beginning, this course is user friendly and easy to learn for people with no Python experience. Well done!

By Dinara K

Jan 15, 2020

This course gives great basic of working with Python, as well as with IBM Watson and how to use its different services. Ione can learn also basics working with Pandas.

By Robert P

Apr 25, 2019

Good introduction of basics. The final, peer-graded assignment doesn't fully work, thus check comments on forums linked on the top of the course in case of any issues.

By Md. A A J

Mar 27, 2020

This is an excellent course to learn Python for Data Science. All course materials including lab exercise and practicing on IBM Cloud are awesome.

Ashfaqul A. joarder

By Alhagie H

Jan 12, 2020

This course is a great one honestly with lots of interesting projects. and it is a good starting point for anyone who want to pursue a career in Data science and AI

By Muhammad A A

If you want to get started with Python, this is indeed a great course. This course covers the basics of Python and the techniques of using Python for Data Analysis.