Back to Data Science Methodology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Data Science Methodology by IBM

Despite the recent increase in computing power and access to data over the last couple of decades, our ability to use the data within the decision making process is either lost or not maximized at all too often, we don't have a solid understanding of the questions being asked and how to apply the data correctly to the problem at hand. This course has one purpose, and that is to share a methodology that can be used within data science, to ensure that the data used in problem solving is relevant and properly manipulated to address the question at hand. Accordingly, in this course, you will learn: - The major steps involved in tackling a data science problem. - The major steps involved in practicing data science, from forming a concrete business or research problem, to collecting and analyzing data, to building a model, and understanding the feedback after model deployment. - How data scientists think! LIMITED TIME OFFER: Subscription is only $39 USD per month for access to graded materials and a certificate....

AG
May 13, 2019

This is a proper course which will make you to understand each and every stage of Data science methodology. Lectures are well enough to make you think as a data scientist. Thank you fr this course :)

JM
Feb 26, 2020

Very informative step-by-step guide of how to create a data science project. Course presents concepts in an engaging way and the quizzes and assignments helped in understanding the overall material.

151 - 175 of 1,768 Reviews for Data Science Methodology

By Edwin S

May 2, 2020

Love the CRISP-DM methodology and the examples given to illustrate each step. Definitely needs to be a standard procedure for any company wanting to develop data-driven analysis.

By Matej K

Sep 13, 2019

Very well done course that explains all the stages of a data science project with use of examples (case study). Reading and Jupyter Notes are also very well done and descriptive.

By Eric N

Apr 30, 2019

It don't just give you the methodology at high level, it also shows you the codes you would write for each step so you get a solid feel of how the analysis and execution happens.

By Carlos J B A

Feb 17, 2019

A rewarding experience because I have been able to learn very valuable information. It is an excellent course. It has helped me in the personal and professional field. Thank you.

By Francisco M

Nov 26, 2019

Maybe the Data Science Methodology course it is the more important course from IBM Data Science Professional Certificate. This course will help me a lot in my professional life!

By Pablo M

Jun 6, 2019

This is a great introductions to the methodology that is needed for any data science project. I only wish it would give more formal definitions of the major concepts we learned.

By DINESH A Z

Feb 7, 2019

This is one of the fantastic course in data science. I enjoyed a lot learning through this course. It had explained nicely, various data science methodologies with case studies.

By Andrea M

Apr 18, 2020

The course is well done. In particular I really appreciated the laboratories, which I really believe help to put in practice and understand what has been taught during classes.

By Tuna M

Mar 31, 2019

As an engineer, i know the importance of methodology not only on data science field, but on every part of the life. This course covers every aspect of data science methodology.

By Cecilia A

Apr 2, 2019

I think this should be the second course to get a Data Science's big picture of the process it involves and then get more to the especific tools such as the open source ones.

By Christine M S

Aug 6, 2020

Videos and material are excellent! Manageable and understandable course giving good overview with practical and clearly defined steps towards solving data science problems.

By Farrukh N A

Brilliant course. But one problem that i faced was the example of American health system, it was very difficult to follow as i didnt have any experience of knowing about it.

By Sai L K

Dec 27, 2019

I have not seen any other course which details the methodology in this manner. Definetely took home some very important points and will be using it in my projects as well.

By Francisco J G

Mar 1, 2019

Really good content. It is a bit theoretical but it helps you get a clear understanding of what the different steps and actions are when working in a data science project.

By Fabio M M

Apr 20, 2020

this course was very interesting and thoroughly explained.

The food metaphor was very helpful and really made the difference to understand it all.

Thanks, cheers!

By Jayesh M

Jan 21, 2020

I learned a lot about it. As I never seen such content since I have started using and practicing the data science. So, I like the lectures And I really got something new.

By Colette C

Jan 16, 2020

I loved this class! What really helped was having a hypothetical case study to demonstrate how the data science methodology is applied. I also really enjoyed the labs!

By Alberto P C

Jul 23, 2020

Very structured outlook on how to tackle a data science project. The case study was very helpful and definitely contributed to clarify concepts presented in each stage.

By John A

Sep 5, 2019

This is the most vital course in learning to think as a data scientist. I will never forget this course, It is the core system of what data scientists do! Great course!

By RICHARD D

Jul 22, 2019

Very interesting and easy to understand Course than any other course here. Thanks to Coursera for making us part of the IBM Family. I am proud to be part of this Family

By Mya S

Jul 5, 2019

This was a very good introductory course. I have been a data scientist for years now and self-trained. This was a great way to have the approach for what I do codified.

By Manthan M S

Jun 11, 2019

The material is greatly informative and clearly explained. I'd some trouble understanding the case study. A simpler one would be really entertained and helpful. Thanks.

By Ana O

Aug 31, 2020

Very Practical. The methodology presented can be immediately applied in many situations (even not related to data science). Everything well explained and exemplified.

By Жовтобрюх Д А

Mar 13, 2020

This course explained how to deal with the process of dealing with data science problems and determined the questions which i must answer to succed in solving problem

By Aman T

Apr 11, 2020

Nice course I highly recommend everyone to take this course as this course will teach you what are the steps that we need to take in order to solve business problem.