Back to Grammar and Punctuation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Grammar and Punctuation by University of California, Irvine

Course 1: Grammar and Punctuation Do you need to review English grammar? Have you forgotten the grammar you once studied? If so, this course is perfect for you. The first course in this specialization is a refresher on some tools needed for good writing. It will help prepare you for the other courses. You will need about 10 hours to complete this first course. Writing is a skill and to learn a skill well, you need to practice. In this course, you will watch short video lectures and then practice and discuss what you have learned. Make sure you take good notes and use the peer discussions to ask questions. Then you'll be able to remember the rules you learn in this course when you start writing essays in the next course. After completing this course, you will be able to: - identify the correct verb tenses to use - use commas effectively - utilize several different sentence types - write more effectively in English Please note that the free version of this class gives you access to all of the instructional videos and handouts. The peer feedback and quizzes are only available in the paid version....

KG

Dec 26, 2016

This is a very useful course even if you are very good in English . This course helps in understanding the type of sentences, proper usage of commas and perfect ways of writing attractive paragraphs.

DV

Nov 12, 2015

I am very satisfied with this course. It really helped me to improve my writing skills, and I am feeling more confident than I used to be.\n\nAfter this course, I am planning to take up the next one.

226 - 250 of 2,307 Reviews for Grammar and Punctuation

By Amalgamal

Oct 25, 2018

i learned so much, and i loved the way the ifo was presented

By Maria M L

Oct 03, 2018

Thank you for a fun and informative course (of cours I love grammar!) there is nothing like saying something right!!

By HyunWoo C (

Oct 04, 2018

Thank You !!

By Rafael L

Oct 28, 2018

Good course, for Beginners and Internediate. ESL students should take it. One

By Daud M M

Oct 29, 2018

Excellent tips for quick start

By Evgeniya V

Oct 29, 2018

very useful course!

By Dilshod N

Nov 01, 2018

It is a very good course for someone who want to straiten their English.

By Assem H

Nov 03, 2018

It is very interesting course, and I highly recommend it.

By Rubén D M

Nov 05, 2018

¡Excelente!

By Muna A Q A

Oct 25, 2018

really It's useful courses

By Farcaster C

Nov 06, 2018

The course help me under standing review helps with writing skill. I am a noob in this web site and this course too. I hope in the future that I master writing as well with the English grammar. My communication required grammar so the listener would understand me saying. Writing is more different than talking because you can see what you wrote. Right now my first lesson is introducing and review other which I don't know the finishing line. Probably two hour long. This course would teach you punctuation and maybe all writing skill to be a writer.

Nov 07, 2018

Good review for grammar, great helpful.

By Yousef A

Nov 10, 2018

Awesome!!

By Aleksandrina I G

Nov 14, 2018

it is easy course! Take it

By María X M C

Nov 17, 2018

Excellent course

By Paulo P

Nov 18, 2018

This course was much important to me, it will help me a future application to USA University for maybe PHD program.

By Jiarui Y

Nov 18, 2018

Very nice. The course helped me alot.

By Leonardo D

Jul 18, 2018

Awesome!

Really a wonderfull basis.

By Ahmed M R

Aug 03, 2018

Amazing course

By Magd O

Aug 03, 2018

thank you coursera for this course ,and i am very happy for learning with you on coursera web site ; i wish i can complete more course