Back to Learning How to Learn: Powerful mental tools to help you master tough subjects

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Learning How to Learn: Powerful mental tools to help you master tough subjects by McMaster University

This course gives you easy access to the invaluable learning techniques used by experts in art, music, literature, math, science, sports, and many other disciplines. We’ll learn about the how the brain uses two very different learning modes and how it encapsulates (“chunks”) information. We’ll also cover illusions of learning, memory techniques, dealing with procrastination, and best practices shown by research to be most effective in helping you master tough subjects. Using these approaches, no matter what your skill levels in topics you would like to master, you can change your thinking and change your life. If you’re already an expert, this peep under the mental hood will give you ideas for: turbocharging successful learning, including counter-intuitive test-taking tips and insights that will help you make the best use of your time on homework and problem sets. If you’re struggling, you’ll see a structured treasure trove of practical techniques that walk you through what you need to do to get on track. If you’ve ever wanted to become better at anything, this course will help serve as your guide. This course can be taken independent of, concurrent with, or prior to, its companion course, Mindshift. (Learning How to Learn is more learning focused, and Mindshift is more career focused.) To join the fully translated Portuguese version of the course, visit: https://www.coursera.org/learn/aprender To join the fully translated Spanish version of the course, visit: https://www.coursera.org/learn/aprendiendo-a-aprender To join the fully translated Chinese version of the course, visit: https://www.coursera.org/learn/ruhe-xuexi...

AA

Sep 14, 2015

It is great learning course brought me clear understanding strong structure of how to learn more effective. I regret only about one, that I didn't passed this course when I started learning at school.

JR

Oct 23, 2017

This Course Is awesome it gave me a new look on how my brain works and that i should actually take breaks which is probably why i get frustrated. I am Excited to Put what i have learned into practice.

201 - 225 of 13,142 Reviews for Learning How to Learn: Powerful mental tools to help you master tough subjects

By Gary G

Dec 18, 2018

Excellent. An absolute must.

By Andrei S

Dec 19, 2018

Great course

By Janyce L

Dec 02, 2018

Gave me real insight to how much I was procrastinating and how to get around that. Also provided tons of useful advice and techniques to learn better and not be fooled by the illusion of learning.

By Maksimiljanas S

Dec 02, 2018

Everyone needs to know about this course

By Scott F

Dec 03, 2018

This was a really great course for learning new study techniques and gives a really interesting insight into how the mind works.

By Pressey

Dec 02, 2018

Gives a new look how to rekindle your learning. As we get into professional life, We seldom have time to read, even if we do, its not the same as before this course helps you to tackle that.

By Raido M A

Dec 02, 2018

Quite easy, if you invest a little time, I was able to pass all the quizzes with little effort on the first try and way ahead of the called out 4 week schedule.

By Nancy

Amazing Course, Instructors are really good and its really helpfuk

By Gustavo L R

Great course

By Dan C

Dec 02, 2018

Excellent course. even if you are no longer in traditional school

By 张正熙

Very useful and thought-provoking

By Daniel d

Dec 03, 2018

Excellent course with a lot of new ideas to become a better learner.

By Giselle B A

Dec 21, 2018

it's a great way to learn how to learn! highly recommended

By Asaf S

Dec 20, 2018

This is great course!

My biggest takeaway was how to deal with procrastination.

Enjoy it

By Richard C

Dec 19, 2018

This spectacular course feeds my love of learning, and gives me another way of improving it.

By karim k s

Great

By Hilman S

Dec 04, 2018

i'ts a really great course because it has a lot of practical thing that you can try immediately in your learning. It makes me really want to make deliberate practice into my habit

By Isabela P d C

Dec 04, 2018

Muito objetivo, transformador e reflexivo.

By Srini S

Dec 05, 2018

Fantastic course, great content and Barbara and Terry - they Rock!!

By Christopher R

Jan 11, 2019

Great Course! Would recommend to anyone!

By Olivia E

Jan 09, 2019

An insightful and invaluable little course that demystifies the learning process.

By Kristjano M

Jan 10, 2019

Excellent course, great info. A must for everyone at every step of their career

By joao v l

Jan 10, 2019

Courses like this should be a mandatory subject in every school or company and should be reviewed every 6 months.

By Wenzhi

Jan 09, 2019

I wish I could take this course earlier...

By Gururaj V J

Jan 09, 2019

Good explanation and I have learnt nice techniques to learn difficult subjects. Will apply in my life.