Back to Customer Analytics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Customer Analytics by University of Pennsylvania

Data about our browsing and buying patterns are everywhere. From credit card transactions and online shopping carts, to customer loyalty programs and user-generated ratings/reviews, there is a staggering amount of data that can be used to describe our past buying behaviors, predict future ones, and prescribe new ways to influence future purchasing decisions. In this course, four of Wharton’s top marketing professors will provide an overview of key areas of customer analytics: descriptive analytics, predictive analytics, prescriptive analytics, and their application to real-world business practices including Amazon, Google, and Starbucks to name a few. This course provides an overview of the field of analytics so that you can make informed business decisions. It is an introduction to the theory of customer analytics, and is not intended to prepare learners to perform customer analytics. Course Learning Outcomes: After completing the course learners will be able to... Describe the major methods of customer data collection used by companies and understand how this data can inform business decisions Describe the main tools used to predict customer behavior and identify the appropriate uses for each tool Communicate key ideas about customer analytics and how the field informs business decisions Communicate the history of customer analytics and latest best practices at top firms...

ND

Jan 31, 2019

Though I have worked on Customer Analytics with my previous work experiences and also on Surveys etc at George Brown College Canada, this module was more than insightful. Lots of learning to learn eh!

AV

Sep 11, 2016

I really enjoyed the class. Analytics are such an important part of today's understanding of the customer but have other uses even beyond that. Professor Fader has really great insight on the subect.

1351 - 1375 of 1,447 Reviews for Customer Analytics

By Rubén S F

Nov 12, 2015

Although it is quite basic, it is a good starting point for someone new in Customer Analytics

By Veluru N

Jun 07, 2016

Hands on exercises and analysis would have helped a lot in practical understanding of the concepts. There were a lot of exercises in "Operations Analytics" course. The same would have helped a lot.

By ABHINIT P

Apr 19, 2018

I really enjoyed lectures by Prof. Iyengar and prof Bradlow. They were very helpful in understanding the basics and the applications. I also like Dr. Peter Fader's approach of teaching a concept though a story. I hope Dr. Berman can innovate and come up with more interesting ways to hold the audience and teach the concepts as currently sitting through his lectures is quite a task.

By Borisov P

Aug 30, 2016

I think we could jump in theory a bit faster, week 1 and 2 are basically introductory.

By Oksana

Apr 13, 2016

to my opinion it's too basic, was really nothing new to learn. And i also felt that the course is outdated, it's like from early 2000th...

By Vanol F F J

Jan 12, 2018

The most interesting part were the examples at the end. I think the course would have been better if the last week's material was at the beginning. Also, more assignments would be appreciated. I find the information interesting and resources helpful, but I would like practice and some guidance on its application.

By Saira B G

Aug 20, 2016

For the secod week

By Prashanth R

Aug 30, 2016

Great qualitative overview but thats where the good parts end. I wish they actually teach you how to do the math part. It would be a perfect course if we can work on case studies and calculate customer life time value and RFM. This is definitely great course if you have no idea of customer analytics or you are in executive level.

By 张婧仪

Mar 04, 2018

Too much information that is not integrated nor systematic.

By Boris L

Oct 05, 2015

A large gap between the presented oversimplistic modeling approaches and the presented applications. I would expect more "meat" in between. The applications part was nice, the regression and predictive part a little too basic, and the prescriptive part not really worth the time.

By Subramanian M S

Oct 05, 2015

Fairly basic and theoretical. More applied customer analytics assignments would make the course worth one's while

By Terry-Ann L

Feb 21, 2016

I found this course difficult...

By Bruno G

Nov 20, 2015

Classes were interesting, although a bit light. I would also have liked to have more explanations on the quizzes to make sure the material was fully understood. And reading references would have added to the experience. It felt a bit like the class was kept basic in order to make the corresponding "specialization" package more attractive. Slightly disappointing.

By Pallavi G

Jan 28, 2017

Great learning experience, although it could be more practical from the very beginning.

By Christine A

Nov 10, 2018

The information was useful - some material was review and some was new to me. I found that several of the quiz questions were not answerable based on the content presented in the lectures, PPT slides and additional reading material. This was very frustrating. I listed to the lectures and took copious notes. I reviewed the PPT slides and transcripts of the lectures. I read the additional material and took notes on it. But I had to take the quizzes multiple times in order to pass because some of the questions were not directly or indirectly related to the material.

By Andreas D

Nov 20, 2018

The general overview was good and a refresher what I was taught in uni 15 years ago. The material looks a bit old-fashioned and some slides look like the content was 'thrown together'.

I am missing going into details, particularly in calculating optimum price. The use of Excel Solver was not even mentioned to calculate the exact price, rather than determining it through a graph which is there or there about.

Also was missing kind of how to actually calculate CLV with Excel (I have seen a formula in the slides once, but that doesn't tell me much).

By Jessica N M P

Oct 09, 2018

Useful but it would have been nice to have worked through the math or worked through a relatable example

By Andrei N

Sep 16, 2018

I've got the information I was interested in. Thanks. In general, the course is quite light. I would have liked to see more details, best practices, probably some practice.

By Md. S B

May 02, 2019

Good knowing about the Customer in basics . Was expecting to have more real life scenarios to be explained though.

By Nicki R

May 03, 2019

Some parts were heavy in math, but without explanation. Otherwise, great!

By 麦仝历

Jun 10, 2019

适用性不太强,讲得太浅显

By Rahul

Jul 20, 2019

Very good foundational course on customer analytics. It would be helpful to add data crunching exercise to have practical experience on analytics from actual data .

By Niklas W S

Aug 19, 2019

Good overview course but a bit simplistic. However, I miss some practical examples that could be tried and tested out in Excel such as in the Operations Analytics course.

By Alejandro S

May 07, 2019

Outdated information, but still learned data analytic insights.

By Siqi L

Nov 17, 2019

A good overview of marketing analytics. But its too vague and it doesn't demonstrate the how-to conduct analysis on the data to predict the future outcome.