Back to What is Data Science?

Learner Reviews & Feedback for What is Data Science? by IBM

The art of uncovering the insights and trends in data has been around since ancient times. The ancient Egyptians used census data to increase efficiency in tax collection and they accurately predicted the flooding of the Nile river every year. Since then, people working in data science have carved out a unique and distinct field for the work they do. This field is data science. In this course, we will meet some data science practitioners and we will get an overview of what data science is today....

RS

Very learning experience, I am a beginner in DS, but the instructors in this course simplified the contents that made me I could easily understand, tools and materials were very helpful to start with.

PD
Jul 18, 2018

I thought this course introduced the topic of data science very well. I think I have a much better idea how to describe data science and common terms associated with the field (like machine learning).

9451 - 9475 of 9,732 Reviews for What is Data Science?

By Ana S

Apr 18, 2020

The course is motivational, but it is long and nothing practical is learned. Also the week 3 grading part doesn't make much sense.

By Lizzy B

Oct 17, 2019

Very (too) general intro to DS

superficial

Questions in tests are often irrelevant and somethimes the answers are just plain wrong

By Sophie L C H

Sep 10, 2019

I did not like the readings. The font was small and the storytelling not so creative and comprehensive. i did like some videos.

By Xiaohan W

May 20, 2019

Good way for beginners to decide if they want to do data science as a career, but poorly designed questions and grading system.

By Ross Q

Dec 31, 2019

An introductory course light on information best suited for those who have not had any formal education beyond high school.

By Zuzanna c

Oct 13, 2018

I believe this course was very long for what it is. I believe it could have been narrowed down to one video of 20 minutes.

By Oludayo

Dec 11, 2018

I didn't expect this style of lecture. Still to be convinced. Mostly interviews. I think the approach should be changed.

By Bryan R

Oct 31, 2019

This probably should have been integrated into Module 2. As a stand-alone it is lacking in much in the way of content.

By Bernardo B

Dec 13, 2019

Unnecessarily long, although the content is interesting. Quizzes and assignments are not really engaging or too easy

By Ozan C O

Oct 7, 2020

There is not much I have learned. Videos were not very informative; text provided in the courser were better off.

By Nathan E

Feb 6, 2020

It was a decent overview of the subject, but I didn't feel like there was a whole lot that wasn't already obvious.

By Chiara P M

May 15, 2019

not that helpful and a bit boring to do the assign, but overall a nice overview f you know zero about data science

By Avery W S

Mar 20, 2019

Doesn't cover any real material, you can move fast through the course, but I found it to be a waste of my time.

By Mukto A

Dec 15, 2020

A very soft introduction to DS, and a massive waste of time. Hope the next courses in the series are better.

By Nicolas C

Jun 17, 2020

Too many videos, very little information and things to apply. I hope the next courses are richer in content.

By Drew W

Jan 6, 2021

It's more of an advertisement for data science than a course. That said, the professors are great speakers!

By asher b

Sep 14, 2018

Too repetitive. You could probably just pick 2 of these videos and include in the beginning of next course.

By Mandy P

Jan 4, 2020

I think that it was too general, only a week of introduction would have been good. Not the whole course.

By Pith C d M C V N I

Sep 6, 2018

This is just a general introduction. I hope more substance will be presented in the rest of the course

By Aliya S

May 20, 2021

Talking about how data science so high paying half the time. Typos in reading material. Not worth it.

By Alireza M

Sep 28, 2021

very basic and overview on DS. not talking about the technical aspects of DS. I expected technical.

By Filipe D

Apr 9, 2020

Some useful information is provided, but much of the time is spent in video which adds no content.

By Nik D

Sep 29, 2019

Fairly basic course...nothing really new if you're already immersed in some kind of data role.

By Vιƙιɳɠs

Jun 30, 2019

it is a very basic course,only explain definitions and uses of data science.Nothing practical.

By Amit S

Sep 2, 2021

Good introduction to data science I was actually expecting more like a practical training.