Back to Foundations of Mindfulness

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Foundations of Mindfulness by Rice University

This course provides a broad overview of the fundamental concepts, principles, and practices of mindfulness. With interactive exercises to help students explore their own attitudes, mental habits and behaviors, Foundations of Mindfulness offers a pathway for living with more freedom, authenticity and ease. Featured components of the course include experiential exercises, guided meditations, personal reflection and interactive discussions....

WR

Aug 27, 2020

In four weeks you can move from someone who has never experienced mindfulness to someone who has a solid foundation to build a transformational practice. I highly recommend this course!!

LB

Sep 02, 2020

Absolutely a powerful course, this is something I will take with me professionally and personally. With co-workers and relationships outside of work.

1 - 25 of 36 Reviews for Foundations of Mindfulness

By Nicole D B

Jul 09, 2020

Beautiful course and so easy to understand and relate to.. Full of information that can be used beyond the course and i am truly looking forward in practicing what i have learned more. I especially loved the moments of practicing meditation with the instructo (it showed me how to do it properly instead of trying to figure it out on my own). Loved this course..

By Tarja H

Jul 17, 2020

It was more than I expected. Good theory sessions and nice practices, very good course. It is my pleasure to recommendate this course.

By Chan S C M

Aug 21, 2020

I am glad that I had selected the foundations of mindfulness. Overall, this course is well designed, the lessons are sufficiently paced to benefit learners to get the best out from the practices. I would recommend the foundations of mindfulness to busy people whom could not fine time to relax and reflect. It just takes less than 20 minutes of their schedule for a meditation practice for an overall balance in a purposeful life.

By Melanie j

Aug 03, 2020

Excellent course! I absolutely loved it. Changed my mindset about life and will help me with my own clients.

By Krishnaveti H

Jul 20, 2020

Wonderful practice-based Mindfulness course!!!

By Vlasiuk O

Aug 22, 2020

This is a great course on mindfulness and meditation. Material is very brief and everything is useful, complete and necessary. Teacher is very positive, good explanations, nice case study (example of the student), nice meditation audio tracks. I really organased myself and practiced regularly. Forum (discussions) are very useful, it helps to see that you are not alone with your hardships, back pain and monkey mind during meditation. I recommend you this course for sure!

By Maria E C S

Sep 16, 2020

Just to say thanks to Dr Elizabeth Slator and her time from Rice and Coursera. Thanks!!

Time well spent in doing this training in Mindfulness. Now, I have the awareness to stop when I am doing something, a simple task only for the sake of doing. It is really nice to stop and appreciate and be grateful looking it with a different eyes what nature, life have to offer.

By Nancy S

Aug 23, 2020

The course was engaging and inspiring. The influence of this course in mindfulness has allowed me to transform my inner thoughts and mindset to find more positive feelings and be able to grow older with a new set of skills developed through guided meditation. I hope that I continue to enjoy the practice of mindfulness in my daily life.

By Armand c

Aug 26, 2020

This course, to my mind, is very valuable. It will help students become more focused, attentive, and aware of the surroundings. Students will have a new set of eyes, and will notice things which they have taken for granted before. I wish I had this course when I was younger.

By MANI A P

Aug 18, 2020

Initially this course helps in opening our ears and followed by insight view on both breath and body.

I would like my sincere gratitude to start from Buddha , Jon Kabat-Zin , RICE(Professor Dr.Elizabeth), Coursera and not least our sponsored Group of College RAMCO.

By Orit A

Sep 02, 2020

Although I was familiar with some of the techniques used, I was made aware to many insights that were new to me. It was a good grounding space to start and deepening my relationship with mindfulness and myself.

By Whitney C R

Aug 27, 2020

By Magali C B

Sep 03, 2020

If you are scrolling through reviews to see if you should join this course, do it, it is really good and the professor gives great lectures that will engage you with the content.

By LAVERNE B

By Blanca T H

Sep 07, 2020

It was really nice to carry out this course. Dr.Elizabeth Slator is a great lecturer in this topic. All explanations and videos were really useful.

By Jaqueline G A

Jul 15, 2020

Excelente curso! Me encantó poder aprender como identificar y controlar las emociones que sentimos y poder lograr una mejor salud física y mental

By Poonam S

Sep 15, 2020

Very nice course. Thoughtfully designed mindful meditations which can be part of day to day life to bring in more mindfulness in life.

By Aida D C

Aug 10, 2020

Excellent course, great teacher and the content is very suitable. With or without expectations , beyond. Very grateful student!!!

By bindu s

Aug 23, 2020

I am very impressed with the teacher and the way of narrating all the lectures beautifully. I thankyou and hope to look forward.

By Janette F

Aug 21, 2020

This is a very good introduction to mindfulness meditation. I hope Dr. Slator offers another course on this subject.

By Maksym K

Aug 18, 2020

The course is a great combination of theory/good explanation with practical introduction to meditation practice.

By Laura R

Sep 03, 2020

perfect way to live, perfect time to do some mindfulness exercise trough Foundations of Mindfulness course

By Margani A

Sep 28, 2020

Amei o curso, parabéns foi maravilhoso, estou inspirada a seguir estudando!

Grata pelo compartilhamento!

By Muhammad E B B

Sep 21, 2020

Excellent course if you want to know The Real You inside You.

By Amit S

Sep 11, 2020

Excellent course for those who wanna explore new insights..