Back to Gamification

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Gamification by University of Pennsylvania

Gamification is the application of game elements and digital game design techniques to non-game problems, such as business and social impact challenges. This course will teach you the mechanisms of gamification, why it has such tremendous potential, and how to use it effectively. For additional information on the concepts described in the course, you can purchase Professor Werbach's book For the Win: How Game Thinking Can Revolutionize Your Business in print or ebook format in several languages....

FL

May 23, 2019

Excellent course! I found it very useful. It really builds a super strong foundation to think about this User Motivation and UX. The word Gamification is something that some people like and some hate.

BM

Jun 17, 2017

Very structured and interesting class about gamification. Kevin is a very engaging teacher and this course was perfect introduction to gamification. I highly recommend the course. Thank you very much!

126 - 150 of 597 Reviews for Gamification

By Richard B

Aug 01, 2016

The whole field of gamification is very helpful to my recent and future projects. I had lots of great aha moments. Listening to Kevin Werbach was easy and fun. Thx also to my peers!

By Michael K

Jan 15, 2017

great course easy to understand and really helps you build a knowledge base in gamification

By PRAJAKTA M S

Mar 25, 2018

This course has been very interesting throughout. It helped me gain a lot of knowledge and give a direction to my thought process in this domain. I am certain I can apply these learnings in my future professional journey. Thanks to wharton and coursera.

By Krzysztof K

Apr 14, 2016

really great! opens mind!

By Alexandre R d C

Nov 10, 2015

Awesome course!!! Recommend for every that need or want to know about Gamification.... and a big bônus is the Professor Werbach, so nice and intelligent... hard study, but with a lot of fun too.... I liked and suggested for new students!!!

Congratulations coursera and congratulations professor Kevin Werbach!!!

By Gabriel J A C

Jan 21, 2018

Great learnings and great teacher.

By Priyom S

Oct 09, 2016

very practical and structured

By Savithri R

Jul 03, 2017

Thank you Professor Kevin Werbach for the wonderful lectures. A layperson like me who has no idea of gamification could understand the lectures and complete the course.

The assignments and the quizzes were beautifully designed and helped me learn more about the course. I have bought the book Professor and I intend to keep learning some more from the book. Thank you Sir and the entire team of Coursera for making this happen for me.

By Deepan

Jan 16, 2016

Must for all

By Joel C

Jan 31, 2017

A very general course that will provide you with the "overall" look of what gamification is, as well as lots of real world examples of how gamification is being used in real context. Thanks!

By omar s m

Jun 23, 2017

By Paul D B

Feb 13, 2016

Absolutely fascinating course, taught by an intelligent, funny, professor. I would love to take more courses from Prof. Werbach!

As a long-time gamer (35+ years) this course was so interesting, on so many levels. It's going to take a while to digest everything I've learned. In the meantime, I will be purchasing the professor's book as a token of gratitude for the availability of this course....and to learn more about gamification!

By João P N L

May 19, 2016

Amazing content, very well explained, in a clear way and data-driven showing actual data and real applications.

By Rodrigo M d O B

Apr 17, 2017

Just awesome. One of the best, if not THE best, courses I've taken on Coursera!

By Andrei I

Oct 13, 2016

Great course with great teacher. Tons of examples, interesting assessments.

By Massimo S

Jun 01, 2017

Fantastic! Very well structured. A lot of ideas and takeaways.

By Gustavo V B

Jul 17, 2017

Aprendi bastante de gamification. Muy recomendado. Muy buen profesor

By 舒昊

Jan 07, 2016

好,很好,真的好。

By Nikoloz C

Aug 27, 2017

It was the first online course that I took and it is really excellent. As for a teacher with a couple of decades of experience I can't say that it was compleat revelation. But Prof. Werbach is so inspiring that a lot of ideas of using of Gamification just started generating in my head. I am quite sure that a great future is awaiting for this interesting subject. I would be happy to thank Cousera and Prof. Werbach for your priceless work!

By Dafne M T

Feb 08, 2016

Challenging and difficult at times. Makes you use your lateral thinking. Provides good examples, offers good quality lessons... 5 stars!

By Jorge A O M

Jan 29, 2016

Excelente!!!! Recomendadísimo!!!

By Chew W Y

Jun 03, 2016

Great course although some of the lectures can be a tad long. Helpful in understanding the concept of games and play. Highly recommend it!

By Svetlana Z

May 04, 2017

I am trying to apply some gamification techniques at work now (Gamification project for Retail department) and this course really helped me to overcome some obstacles and to think of some new ideas on how to make this experience better.

Thank you very much!

By Shuting Y

Mar 12, 2016

The course is not too hard and it's very suitable for the beginners!

You'll learn the concept of the gamification systimatically and comprehensively.

The three assignment are worth to give it a try, and you'll learn how to apply this knowledge in reality.

By Fernando K

Jul 24, 2016

Excellent course on Game Design Thinking!