Back to Object Oriented Programming in Java

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Object Oriented Programming in Java by University of California San Diego

Welcome to our course on Object Oriented Programming in Java using data visualization. People come to this course with many different goals -- and we are really excited to work with all of you! Some of you want to be professional software developers, others want to improve your programming skills to implement that cool personal project that you’ve been thinking about, while others of you might not yet know why you’re here and are trying to figure out what this course is all about. This is an intermediate Java course. We recommend this course to learners who have previous experience in software development or a background in computer science. Our goal is that by the end of this course each and every one of you feels empowered to create a Java program that’s more advanced than any you have created in the past and that is personally interesting to you. In achieving this goal you will also learn the fundamentals of Object Oriented Programming, how to leverage the power of existing libraries, how to build graphical user interfaces, and how to use some core algorithms for searching and sorting data. And this course is project-based, so we’ll dive right into the project immediately! We are excited to be offering a unique course structure, designed to support learners of different backgrounds in succeeding at their own pace. The first module explains how this will work and if this course is right for you. We also recommend taking a few minutes to explore the course site. A good place to start is the navigation bar on the left. Click Course Content to see what material we’ll cover each week, as well preview the assignments you’ll need to complete to pass the course. Click Discussions to see forums where you can discuss the course material with fellow students taking the class. Be sure to introduce yourself to everyone in the Meet and Greet forum. This course should take about 6 weeks to complete. You can check out the recommended course schedule below to see a quick overview of the lessons and assignments you’ll complete each week. We’re excited you’re here learning with us. Let’s get started!...

DB

Oct 13, 2017

Great into to Java, instructors have clearly put thought in to the format with the choose your own learning style videos, and additional coverage where it may be needed. These have been very helpful.

LR

Oct 14, 2015

I loved this course! The course videos and the projects sharpened my idea about some of the toughest concepts of Java and OOP. I recommend this course to anyone interested in learning OOP in Java. ☺

176 - 200 of 885 Reviews for Object Oriented Programming in Java

By Nathan

Aug 29, 2017

Awesome! I loved every minute of this class. They explained everything clearly, and I had a blast with the project. Thanks so much for the well thought out course

By devang

Oct 04, 2015

Amazing Course!

By Dzejlan

Dec 23, 2015

This is one of the best series of courses I came along in online MOOC platform, such a brilliant course, this whole specialization is brilliant, such a interesting projects, I'm disappointed that I live in country that isn't that much wealthy to help this Specialization and to be able to do Capstone Project , but I wish all the best hope to finish all in time, this is in my top 3 online MOOC Courses and I saw a lot of them.

I wish all the best to this team and people that made this possible.

By Pawan K T

Oct 24, 2016

Simple and playful tutorial.

By CHEN L

Jan 30, 2016

Very helpful introduction to OOP course

By Moemen A

Mar 06, 2016

This is a very well organized course, which shows clearly that the professors in charge have put real efforts to create its syllabus and training code. I have had a significant benefit by going through the course, and it helped me to implement OO techniques in a very detailed way. I highly recommend this course.

By Ying D

Nov 04, 2017

very clear and easy to follow

By Qian H

Oct 16, 2015

Great lesson and interesting!

By Roberto B P

Jan 16, 2016

Great course. The exercises have found it very good. I have learned a lot

By Evgenii L

Oct 27, 2015

I'm really exited about this course! Really professional team which provide us very interesting tasks! brilliant! Not....Tremendous!!

By Weston H

Dec 29, 2015

Really exceptional course. Make sure you watch the everything its easy to miss important information about the assignments.

By 陳泓仁

Feb 04, 2016

Great course

By Yosep K

Dec 13, 2015

I love how you learn to follow the code by writing where it's in memory. I've been stuck on classes work internally and now i'm glad how they work

By Sagar M

Apr 04, 2017

This course was awesome. They taught each and every concept in such a flawless way with additional conceptual challenges. Really loved it.

By Dmitry S

Apr 01, 2016

Very Good!

By Ali N

Nov 01, 2015

Great course for basic knowledge about Java programming.

By WTWONG

Apr 15, 2016

OOP explain Clear , i like this course

By Andrei P

Nov 16, 2015

Really fun, light introduction to the specifics of Java

By Ya B

Jul 01, 2018

Great course!

By Kaido Z

Dec 14, 2017

Well built up explanation of inheritance with good examples and coding tasks.

By Faizan T

Feb 22, 2016

Better than any other java course.

By osamah

Dec 16, 2015

it was awesome. Thanks a lot !

By Kishwar K

Feb 06, 2016

Very good course

By George N

Aug 09, 2016

Thanks for this course, I never thought that Java programming would be so easy and clear to understand.

By Yabo L

Oct 09, 2015

well organized, interesting assignments and great interactivity between the instructors and the students.