Back to Object Oriented Programming in Java

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Object Oriented Programming in Java by University of California San Diego

Welcome to our course on Object Oriented Programming in Java using data visualization. People come to this course with many different goals -- and we are really excited to work with all of you! Some of you want to be professional software developers, others want to improve your programming skills to implement that cool personal project that you’ve been thinking about, while others of you might not yet know why you’re here and are trying to figure out what this course is all about. This is an intermediate Java course. We recommend this course to learners who have previous experience in software development or a background in computer science. Our goal is that by the end of this course each and every one of you feels empowered to create a Java program that’s more advanced than any you have created in the past and that is personally interesting to you. In achieving this goal you will also learn the fundamentals of Object Oriented Programming, how to leverage the power of existing libraries, how to build graphical user interfaces, and how to use some core algorithms for searching and sorting data. And this course is project-based, so we’ll dive right into the project immediately! We are excited to be offering a unique course structure, designed to support learners of different backgrounds in succeeding at their own pace. The first module explains how this will work and if this course is right for you. We also recommend taking a few minutes to explore the course site. A good place to start is the navigation bar on the left. Click Course Content to see what material we’ll cover each week, as well preview the assignments you’ll need to complete to pass the course. Click Discussions to see forums where you can discuss the course material with fellow students taking the class. Be sure to introduce yourself to everyone in the Meet and Greet forum. This course should take about 6 weeks to complete. You can check out the recommended course schedule below to see a quick overview of the lessons and assignments you’ll complete each week. We’re excited you’re here learning with us. Let’s get started!...

DB

Oct 13, 2017

Great into to Java, instructors have clearly put thought in to the format with the choose your own learning style videos, and additional coverage where it may be needed. These have been very helpful.

LR

Oct 14, 2015

I loved this course! The course videos and the projects sharpened my idea about some of the toughest concepts of Java and OOP. I recommend this course to anyone interested in learning OOP in Java. ☺

26 - 50 of 884 Reviews for Object Oriented Programming in Java

By Vimal C

Mar 25, 2019

Very enjoyable course, loved it!!

By Orkhan A

Mar 27, 2019

I am in week 1 and so far i can tell that the methodology of teaching is perfect in these courses. Perfect !

By Anas S

Mar 29, 2019

I have benefited a lot from this course.

thank you very much.

By Chujie C

Mar 30, 2019

Finish on 03/30/2019

By Sadaf F

Mar 31, 2019

Truly exceptional course for intermediate learners for learning some new things as well as refreshing memory of some core OOP concepts.

By Max S

Jan 28, 2019

amazing

By Partha B

Feb 11, 2019

Really helped me

By Marino V

Feb 02, 2019

With this course, I was able to review the basics of object-oriented programming in java. it was very helpful, it helped me to consolidate concepts that I thought I already knew enough. Plus, it allowed me to learn about Processing that I had never used.

By Ankur k

Apr 03, 2019

Excellent course

By JOJI J

Apr 06, 2019

The best course for learning object oriented programming in java

By HIMEL G

Apr 08, 2019

Awesome course, all concepts explained wonderfully.

By Raj A S

Apr 09, 2019

amazing

By Jade F

Apr 15, 2019

This was my favorite course out of the whole specialization - the way the instructors set up the curriculum makes you feel like you're taking a real college course, and the assignments are fun, not too challenging, and interesting. The use of 'unfolding maps' and processing is a really good choice, and though I won't be using 'unfolding maps' in the future (it's kind of outdated and isn't used in the field), I gained a lot of insight into how geodata is used and was easily able to apply what I'd learned using other map platforms.

As for object oriented programming, you couldn't ask for a better way to convey the material. I highly recommend this course to people wanting to explore java programming, or OOP in general.

By Ioseb M

Mar 16, 2019

Really amazing course from beginning to end. Course instructors made a lot of things easy to understand. They are truly professionals. Thank you Coursera for this

By prakash p

Mar 16, 2019

very well plain course and easy to deal with it

By KRISHNASAI R

Mar 15, 2019

it is best course i developed my knowledge a lot .i would be so happy if i would be able to get such oppurtunities again and again.

By Natasa

Mar 18, 2019

Love the class, instructors, and the projects they assign! The projects are engaging and interesting! Love all the variety of instructions (videos, questions inside videos, when I struggled, quizzes, ...) - I looked forward to every lesson.

By aarohi

Feb 05, 2019

Good one

By Janu N

Mar 09, 2019

it is very good course ,and it is very useful for all java developers

By Noah D G

Jul 15, 2018

Great intro course

By Manasi M

Jul 11, 2018

By Jipeng C

Sep 20, 2018

Good course. I learned and practiced how to write object oriented (OO) program using Java which also enable me quickly use other language to write OO program. The content of this course is so great that the introduction of the memory model really gave me the insight into the program writing.

By Gabriel G

Sep 11, 2018

Very good course. I liked how the topics were explained, learned lots of new things, it was challenging and the capstone project will help me build a portfolio.