Back to The Addicted Brain

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Addicted Brain by Emory University

This is a course about addiction to drugs and other behaviors. It will describe what happens in the brain and how this information helps us deal with and overcome addiction. It will also discuss other topics such as government policy and our vulnerability to take drugs....

CP

Apr 02, 2018

I learned a lot from this course that I have been able to use in a ministry capacity. If you are trying to help others with addiction or understand it for yourself, this is the course for you.

AN

Mar 30, 2017

This course is truly wonderful, many intellectual mind-opening surprises... for example I almost fell out of my chair when I learned of vaccinations development effort to counter addiction.

151 - 175 of 325 Reviews for The Addicted Brain

By Weiliang P

Oct 09, 2015

really good and practical course

By Hamdy E

Jun 09, 2017

very good lecturer. made the subject easier to master.

By Maria T H S d l B

Jun 13, 2016

Thank you for this course, professor Kuhar. I really appreciate the organization and the contents. I appreciate your deeply interest for this subject.

By Ariel J A Z

Apr 07, 2016

Excelent

By Qianyi O

Sep 23, 2015

I did this course last year, since I had psychological knowledge so it was not too hard to understand all the concepts. What really attracts me is the forum, I just tried to post my question about assignment at forum, then quickly got a reply from my peer, from then on, I started to participate on forum discussion and did learn a lot. So, come to join us!

By Jakub P

Jan 18, 2017

Very informative, though I would recommend getting a little background on how the brain works in general, it will help you get more out of this course.

By Ahmed M A A K

Sep 13, 2015

very useful & I enjoy it !

By Alyse R

Jul 31, 2017

Great course. It will definitely help me with the course I teach to 10th graders with a unit regarding drug addiction.

By María A V U

Sep 07, 2015

I like very much this class, I've learned a lot, and is very usefull for my career! Thanks

By Jorge A Z L

Nov 05, 2015

interesting

By Luz M V R

Oct 10, 2017

I am very pleased with this course, it´s very clear, concised and got to the point. I love the way is taught. Thank you

By Esther A

Jan 14, 2016

This course is very useful, practical and very easy to understand. It has really given me new insights into the disease of addiction.

By Shayantani C

Mar 03, 2016

One of the finest courses of the Coursera. The topic is interesting as to how certain release of chemical neurotransmitter is involved in day to day life factors . The experiments and scanning of the brain imaging techniques show how the brain responds in various factors like how a drug addicted brain differs from the normal brain in metabolism. Interesting

By Rae J H

Nov 02, 2017

This course taught me the intricacies of our brains and drug use. As an addict it was very informative and it helped in my decision to quit abusing drugs and to be clean and sober. As of the date of this review, I have been sober for 2 years. Thank you for offering this course and for granting me financial aid to pay for the course. Coursera has helped to turn my life around in a positive way.

By Malhar V

Apr 14, 2017

Very good course. Opened a window to the world of addiction.

By Abelardo Q F J

Sep 17, 2015

A great course approaching many aspects of addiction, both behavioral studies as well neurosciences aspects.

By ROBERTO T

Dec 14, 2015

H

By Helen R

Jul 09, 2016

great course. so easy to follow the very clear teaching. interesting material.

By Cindy W M

Sep 16, 2016

The instructor was great. The material was very informative and interesting. Highly recommend.

By A. T

Feb 01, 2016

Excellent introductory course. It is very useful that it can be completed at the student's own pace.

By Paul B

Oct 07, 2015

An extreamly interesting and enlightening course. The instructor, professor Kuhar, is an incredible lecturer with very pleasurable voice and amicable attitude. The topics of drugs and addiction is discussed on many levels, from phisiology to societal changes. I would certainly recommend this course to anyone who wish to better understand the problem of addiction because of either personal reasons or academic interest.

By Jaime R

Apr 08, 2018

Great course on the effects on drugs for the brain. Great for me and will have my children go for it as soon as they are old enough. The professor's commitment to harm reduction is touching

By Angelina W

Sep 08, 2015

Very informative and down-to-earth. Accessible by academic types and ordinary folks.

By Jennie J

Feb 17, 2017

Learned so much and so interesting.

By Maria M

Sep 21, 2015

Short and very understandable lectures. Very interesting topic and the professor is very good and a master on this topic. No need for background on neuroscience since the professor explains everything very well.