Back to The Addicted Brain

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Addicted Brain by Emory University

This is a course about addiction to drugs and other behaviors. It will describe what happens in the brain and how this information helps us deal with and overcome addiction. It will also discuss other topics such as government policy and our vulnerability to take drugs....

ER
Jul 23, 2020

One of the best course. Before I took up this course I have negative feelings towards the drugs addicts. But this course completely change my behavior and opinions towards them. Thank you so much.

CP
Apr 1, 2018

I learned a lot from this course that I have been able to use in a ministry capacity. If you are trying to help others with addiction or understand it for yourself, this is the course for you.

76 - 100 of 452 Reviews for The Addicted Brain

By Ibrahim Y

Aug 13, 2015

this is an amazing course and there is a lot to learn. the course director took his time to explain things for even a layman to understant. Perfect course with perfect lectures. I loved every aspect of it.

By Edmund S R

Jul 24, 2020

By german e

Nov 22, 2019

Excelente curso, les felicito por el profesionalismo del Dr. el cual es una eminencia en este tema, muchas gracias.

NOTA: como puedo comunicarme con relaciones públicas de la universidad de Emory

By Christy P

Apr 2, 2018

By Abraham N

Mar 29, 2017

This course is truly wonderful, many intellectual mind-opening surprises... for example I almost fell out of my chair when I learned of vaccinations development effort to counter addiction.

By Muhammad F D

Aug 22, 2020

The course was much deeper than I thought and it covered advanced concepts. I am overall extremely satisfied as I was able to enhance my knowledge of on the subject of drugs in particular

By Andre B

Jul 24, 2020

Thank you for an inspiring and informative course. The material has taught me much about my life and work and how to make a difference in the world. Most inspiring. Thank you!

By Thomas H

Jul 29, 2017

very comprehensive insight into brain functions and their impairment through drug use, together with useful hints on how to deal with the phenomenon and how to help those in need

By Angel M P

Apr 20, 2018

Un excelente curso, muy completo muy didáctico y abordó varios temas con gran prundidad lo recomiendo como herramienta básica parta los que d les interesa el tema de las drogas

By Sami

Aug 22, 2016

This is a very well structured, very well explained course. It gives an original insight into the workings of the human mind, and how substances can impact it in various ways.

By Farida A

Aug 19, 2020

I liked the course very much. And hope more and more people will take it and share the obtained information with others, so we can prevent the society from taking the drugs.

By Mukhilarasan R

Jul 5, 2016

The course taught me a lot about how brain gets addicted, What happens in our body after taking drugs, why the test and screen for drugs designed in particular way, etc.

By Abhishek C

This course was a perfect beginning to understand the basics of how drugs affect the brain and to elicit the interest in knowing more about about these drugs. Thank you

By Heather B

Jul 20, 2018

This was an extremely interesting course. Dr. Kuhar does a phenomenal job of diving into the mechanisms and complexities of addiction and what happens to the brain.

By Prajwal S S

Nov 8, 2015

Addiction is not only about smoking and alcohol and drugs, its way way beyond that and thanks to Dr. Michael Kuhar and the Emory university for revealing it to me.

By René F N

Feb 27, 2020

Very good and general overview of the biological and social issues around addiction. It's the perfect primer or refresher -- depending on your state of knowledge.

By Gina B

Sep 22, 2015

Excellent course! Professor is enthusiastic about the subject and conveys this to the students. Great course for grappling with the issues created by addiction.

By Paritosh D

Jun 14, 2020

This was a nice experience. I have learnt many new things .It was interesting and full of information. Thank you Prof. Michael Kuhar for those nice lectures.

By Mailene T

May 16, 2019

I´m a PsyD student, and I am very grateful for this course. It´s helping me a lot to review all the material and to answer a few doubts. Highly recommended.

By Marco S

Jan 16, 2016

A fun, informative course with a lot of information about various addictions, the science thereof, and their impact on society. Highly recommended to all.

By Michael S M M

Aug 5, 2020

As a pharmacist all this information was really useful, in fact it was a brief summary about this serious issue our current communities. Thanks Coursera!

By stoyan s

Apr 29, 2020

One of my Top favourite courses which helped me understand a lot about the mechanisms and factors underlying any addiction.Top course! Strongly recommend

By Ali M

Oct 11, 2019

This course help me a lot to understand the phenomenon of Addiction. Thank you course era for such a great platform provided to Student. Thank you again.

By Luis L L

Feb 4, 2020

Very useful for teachers, students, health professionals, drug users and families affected by addictions. Technical, professional and serious approach.

By Gustavo P C J

Nov 20, 2018

Dr. Kuhar was able to deliver a wide view of the subject in a short course. I had some background on the subject and I still think it was worth taking.