Back to Business Writing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Business Writing by University of Colorado Boulder

Writing well is one of the most important skills you can develop to be successful in the business world. Over seventy companies and twenty thousand students--from professional writers to new employees to non-native English speakers to seasoned executives--have used the techniques in Business Writing to power their ability to communicate and launch their ideas. This course will teach you how to apply the top ten principles of good business writing to your work, how to deploy simple tools to dramatically improve your writing, and how to execute organization, structure, and revision to communicate more masterfully than ever. From the very first lesson, you'll be able to apply your new learning immediately to your work and improve your writing today. Your ideas are powerful. Learn how to deliver them with the clarity and impact they deserve. "Thank you for giving me the knowledge I need in life. [Business Writing] was helpful, life changing, and has made a huge impact in my writing." -- Message from a Business Writing student The principles you'll learn in this course enable you to become a great business writer. They also provide the foundation for moving into Graphic Design and Successful Presentation, so that you can unleash your best professional self whenever--and however--you present your ideas in the workplace....

YS

Jun 12, 2017

It was an exceptional course with lots to take away from. It taught basic building blocks of business writing and then built upon it which provided a great way to self learn the content of the course.

JS

Jan 10, 2018

Even if English is your first language, this course was a great refresher of how to apply writing skills to email and business documents. I would recommend to anyone looking to sharpen their skills.

351 - 371 of 371 Reviews for Business Writing

By Jean J R I

Aug 15, 2019

Thank you for this amazing experience in writing skills! I learned a lot

By Ahmed A A M

Aug 24, 2019

we need more information in using punctuation

By Abegail T

Aug 25, 2019

Has definitely changed my presence in work environment. Has improved my confidence in writing . There has been a noticeable change in my work contribution

By Rekha M

Sep 15, 2019

Good course for effective communication.

By Faith

Aug 30, 2019

Its an excellent course if you want to improve the way you write for different audiences.

By Aimie K

Oct 14, 2019

Finding a system to replicate when writing both business and academic papers was my greatest challenge. But through this course, that is a challenge I no longer have to deal with. Many thinks for all the great lessons herein, Dr. McAndrew!

By Akkari W

Sep 05, 2019

I liked the course, it contain a lot of usefull tips, and it makes me aware of mistakes that I used to do, it helped me to be more effective and to write more clearly.

By Pablo S

Nov 20, 2019

El curso entrega herramientas muy útiles al tener en cuenta

By Irangie N

Nov 20, 2019

It's a good course. I learnt quite a few techniques as well as relearned some areas of writing long forgotten. However if you are British educated you will notice in order to pass the tests/quiz within the course material you will have to follow the American english style.

By Shama A

Oct 25, 2017

the course was good, only too long

By C. G A

Jan 23, 2017

The writing instructor is great, and the ideas are good. I didn't like the interaction sessions with the other two instructors, i want to learn about writing not hear about other stuff or listen to some folks at a cafe. I thought it was a waste of time. Also, I didn't like that the example used was a memo for Coursera about their own course! They could have picked something more interesting. Good ideas, not ideal execution.

By Ronny E V S

Nov 08, 2016

Interesting topics, however, still basic

By Yezdi P B

Apr 13, 2018

Some of the suggestions to make the sentences more concise do not appear to be following traditional English norms. For e.g. the term "office language" recommended is to my mind not the appropr

By Eric H

Feb 22, 2018

Well produced, but light on content.

By Koji N

Oct 10, 2018

It is too long to complete in the daily job.

By Ada Z

Jul 31, 2019

The course teaches very basic writing skills which I learned in my basic English class in college.

By Xenia P S

Sep 27, 2019

The course is well structured and gives highly useful basics for business writing. However, for more experienced writers, this course falls a bit too short.

By Omar H D

Oct 13, 2019

The topic is so amusing, But the dialogues between the instructors are not suitable and break the mind thought.

By Cameron P

Jun 01, 2018

Very elementary, this is for professionals not kids.

By Vu T M A