Back to Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

VI

It was an interesting and informative, at a basis level, course. The information is easy to understand and the new gained knowledges tend to remain in your memory, due to short and interactive videos.

SD
Aug 6, 2020

I really enjoyed doing the course, Very elaborate and informative course. Things are simplified so much that anybody can understand the basics of nutrition which helps in making the wise food choices.

151 - 175 of 5,235 Reviews for Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

By Suzanne W

Aug 14, 2020

This was a very imformative course!! As a program assistant for EFNEP, I was pleased to find out that the course was free during the pandemic. As a singlee mom, on a tight budget I am always looking for new ways to learn more. Thank you for making this possible, I was however diappointed that I have to "pay" for the certificate of completion. These should be available to print upon completion of the course. Thank you!

By ryan m

Feb 6, 2016

Great course! It was very basic and short and that's precisely what makes this course great. The information presented was concise and anyone should be able to understand it and apply the concepts into their everyday lives. If everyone in America applied such simple principles that were taught in this course into their daily lives, I have no doubt in my mind that the obesity epidemic would be ended within a few years.

By Intera P

Jun 29, 2017

I would recommend this course for those who are interested in having a healthy life, improving eating habits, or even getting to lose/maintain weight.

This course provides a lot of fundamental but essential issues that you need to know.

The lessons were described clear, understandably, easy and well-arranged. I would say that language isn't the obstacle to learn this course.

This is my first course and I do love it !

By Don J M

Jun 21, 2017

Excellent introductory course. The videos were , informative and easy to understand, with impressive production. This format of interviews, animations and high quality images was a nice touch. As a guy in his late thirties, with some major health issues, these simple classes help to motivate me when I'm being a lazy ass. Would definitely recommend this to anyone looking to educate themselves and not feel overwhelmed.

By Sergio R A

Feb 6, 2019

Es un curso muy entendible y practico. También permite tener las bases elementales de conocimiento para poder desempeñar una dieta saludable, y a su vez desenmascara lo ignorado por gran parte de las personas, acerca de la comida procesada, y los beneficios continuos de una alimentación casera y balanceada, dando así un beneficio para el control de peso y la prevención de enfermedades como la obesidad y la diabetes.

By Jon F

May 10, 2016

This course is less demanding than I expected/hoped, but nevertheless the content and its delivery was top-notch. The lectures present material in a clear and natural way. Course content is immediately and easily applied to daily life. The video production is the among the best I've seen in online education. Not groundbreaking, but immensely helpful to those unfamiliar with this material. Definitely worth your time.

By Sahijpreet K B

Mar 28, 2018

This course is a great way to get the background understanding on what your diet is supposed to be comprised of and also a way to implement this information into your daily routine. The videos provided by Dr. Maya Adam were extremely helpful to me. The recipes were diverse in taste. As a medical student it was great to see this outlook on diet and I have personally cooked a few of the recipes myself and loved them.

By Marzieh A

Jul 18, 2019

i really enjoyed this course. even though we don't have nearly as many processed foods as the regular american, i felt i still learnt a lot about ingredient labels and it definitely got me thinking about making more healthy choices. i really liked the visuals and some of the images just stuck, like the idea of smaller plates and first thinking about the vege component rather than the protein component of a meal

By Jimmy F G c

FELICITACIONES..

Muchas gracias por darnos la oportunidad de aprender nuevas cosas sobre nutrición mas haya de conocer lo esencial, mirar con otra perspectiva el tem,a de alimentarse saludable y sin necesidad de invertir mucho dinero, que algunos caemos en el error que comer saludable es invertir dinero, sabiendo esto ya podemos mejorar en muchos aspectos..altamente agradecido con la universidad de STANFORD..

By Shannon S

Jun 14, 2019

This course was thoroughly enlightening on so many levels. The concise and engaging videos, easy-to-digest material, and highly applicable and, dare I say, life-saving dietary health tips have made a huge impact on how I will proceed in my relationship with food. Kudos to both Dr. Adams and Dr. Pollen for their joyful and inspiring dissemination of information. I will highly recommend this course to others!

By Jyotsna B

Aug 28, 2020

I really enjoyed doing the course I love nutrition and want to make a career fin this field .

It is very beneficial course for anyone interested to improve his life and his family's health. It is very user friendly and with all the transcripts. The quizzes really covered the course content.

The recipes were nice and simple and as I am a vegetarian , I will try to make them with the vegetarian alternatives.

By Stephanie P

Aug 5, 2020

The course itself was easy and simple, but what I am taking away is so so valuable. I recommend this course to anyone who recognizes that their current relationship with food needs to change, because it will show you that the key to a healthy diet can be incredibly easy. I feel inspired and motivated to take what I learned and incorporate it into my own life and share what I've learned with others as well.

By luisa p

Este curso realmente es muy práctico, la manera en la que explican los diferentes temas utilizando ejemplos que faciliten la comprensión de este. Me ayudo mucho ahora que estoy en proceso de dejar de consumir alimentos de origen animal, ya que antes no lo hacía por completo porque creía que esta fuente animal era fundamental para nosotros cuando en realidad no lo es, también organicé mucho mejor mi dieta.

By Yana J

Apr 14, 2020

This was an amazing and easy course. I enjoyed it partially because it was very quick and simple. I learned a lot, but I didn't have to spend much of my time. If you are someone who doesn't have a lot of time and is interested in taking a course, I would totally recommend this one. This course can be used by anyone who is interested in improving their diet or someone who just wants to learn something new.

By Souravi D

Oct 11, 2020

Absolutely amazing ! To learn about the fundamental basics of Food and Health is the ultimate true knowledge one can attain. Even if one is a mindful eater or curious about the subject of Food and Health, in many ways their habits can go wrong if they are not informed regarding the crucial aspects dealing with food. This course will guide you to the truth of "what healthful eating habits actually mean".

By John G

Excellent, innovating, and fun! Since food is a very important factor in everyday living, having the knowledge now as to choosing healthy and nutritious foods wisely, preparing and selecting the right foods, and becoming more conscious of healthy eating habits, a better understanding of food in general will create and develop a new lifestyle in better food choices. Thank you for offering this course.

By Alessandra E

Sep 13, 2019

I have been interested in food science since I was a preteen, I really wanted to take a quick intro into healthy eating before jumping into a college level class. This was a wonderful introduction! I learned several things I didn't know. This is a great course to take if you are confused as how to help yourself and others. I'd recommend this to anyone needing a quick intro to mindful eating practices.

By Adrián L F

Feb 22, 2018

It is a necessary course that we all need to understand. Health is not only based on getting sick and healed, it is also about prevention and prevention often involves the way we think, the way we move and the way we eat. It has been an enlightening and interesting experience. I would recommend this course to anyone interested in study Nutrition, Medicine, Pharmacy or any other Health Science related.

By Nguyen T H

Apr 8, 2020

Thank you for creating such great content. I understand more about food and health. I have to say that the information you give is so so helpful to me. At least, I am confident to go to grocery and choose the better food for me and my family.

Thank you again, what you do is so meaningful and easy to follow. This is my first complete course at Coursera and I will never reget registering it.

By houda m

Jun 9, 2019

En suivant votre mooc je n'ai pas pu seulement bénéficier des innombrables informations mais aussi j'ai eu l'envie de partager ceci avec mon entourage. Merci pour vous, maintenant la cuisine n'a plus de mystère pour moi, j'ai décidé de mieux manger (la vraie alimentation) au lieu de moins manger :)

Merci pour vos efforts cela apparait que vous avez fait ceci avec beaucoup d'amour . Merci merci merci

By Robert B

Oct 2, 2020

The first unit was a bit challenging but I had not taken a course for a long time and failed to take notes. The authoritative speakers were able to skillfully encourage and demonstrate how to buy and prepare healthy foods. The quality of the videos are superb, with wonderful production values. I have my notes and I am motivated to shun processed foods and amp up my cooking skills. Thank you.

By Jean L

Feb 1, 2020

Loved this course! As a nurse, I sometimes get so into the "science" of food and nutrition, that I forget the basics. This course helped me to not only "reset" my own eating habits, but also gave me the education to reinforce diet and health with my patients. Dr. Maya Adam is extremely engaging...I also loved that she added videos/recipes that she incorporates at home to reinforce her teaching.

By Neetu

Jul 2, 2020

It was a great experience.i learned a lot from this course.How d quality n quantity of food effects our health?it was something different.The way we see d food is changing.it helps me to saw d food from a different perspective which is very important n helpful.Great time learning this.Thankoo Michael Pollen sir for sharing ur knowledge n experience wid us.Thankoo Stanford...thankoo Coursera..

By Elizabeth A B

Mar 9, 2019

I was not sure what I would learn but it was very educational and put in a way that was simultaneously easy to understand and I was able to retain the information. It shattered many food myths that come with my culture, age and even how advertisers have helped mold my thoughts on something as simple as what food I eat daily. I ENJOYED this course and am very happy I chose to take it. Thank you

By Mahesh S

Aug 1, 2020

The course allows one o understand the benefits of understanding the healthy diet plan which included less of the processed foods . It also allowed us to learn how to keep a balance between diet for what purpose we wanted to create it be it to reduce cholesterol to control fats inside or to maintain health recommended at time of need. Selection of items using the nutrient chart and many more.