Back to Successful Negotiation: Essential Strategies and Skills

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Successful Negotiation: Essential Strategies and Skills by University of Michigan

We all negotiate on a daily basis. On a personal level, we negotiate with friends, family, landlords, car sellers and employers, among others. Negotiation is also the key to business success. No business can survive without profitable contracts. Within a company, negotiation skills can lead to your career advancement. I hope that you will join the hundreds of thousands of learners who have made “Successful Negotiation” one of the most popular and highly-rated MOOCs worldwide. In the course, you’ll learn about and practice the four steps to a successful negotiation: (1) Prepare: Plan Your Negotiation Strategy (2) Negotiate: Use Key Tactics for Success (3) Close: Create a Contract (4) Perform and Evaluate: The End Game To successfully complete this course and improve your ability to negotiate, you’ll need to do the following: (1) Watch the short videos (ranging from 5 to 20 minutes). The videos are interactive and they include questions to test your understanding of negotiation strategy and skills. You can speed up or slow down videos to match your preferred pace for listening. Depending on your schedule, you can watch the videos over a few weeks or you can binge watch them. A learner who binge-watched the course concluded that “It’s as good as Breaking Bad.” Another learner compared the course to “House of Cards.” Both shows contain interesting examples of complex negotiations! (2) Test your negotiation skills by completing the negotiation in Module 6. You can negotiate with a local friend or use Discussions to find a partner from another part of the world. Your negotiation partner will give you feedback on your negotiation skills. To assist you with your negotiations, I have developed several free negotiating planning tools that are related to the course. These tools and a free app are available at http://negotiationplanner.com/ (3) Take the final exam. To successfully complete the course, you must answer 80% of the questions correctly. The exam is a Mastery Exam, which means that you can take it as many times as you want until you master the material. Course Certificate You have the option of earning a Course Certificate. A Certificate provides formal recognition of your achievements in the course and includes the University of Michigan logo. Learn more about Certificates at: https://learner.coursera.help/hc/en-us/articles/209819053-Get-a-Course-Certificate This course is also available in Spanish and Portuguese. To join the fully translated Spanish version, visit this page: https://www.coursera.org/learn/negociacion/ To join the fully translated Portuguese version, visit this page: https://www.coursera.org/learn/negociacao Subtitles for the videos are available in English, Ukrainian, Chinese (Simplified), Portuguese (Brazilian), Spanish Created by: University of Michigan The course logo composite is shared with a Creative Commons CC BY-SA (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/) license, and was created using images provided courtesy of Flazingo Photos (http://bit.ly/1zOylRm) and K2 Space (https://www.flickr.com/photos/k2space/14257556613/in/set-72157644732478432)....

AB

Mar 09, 2017

Probably the best course videos Ive come across. Professor George I believe is an amazing teacher...the way he gets the concept across to students by simple and constant examples is worth mentioning..

YT

Sep 18, 2015

This is one of the best and enlightening MOOC I have taken and I already start reaping the benefit. I encourage everyone who is serious about his/her career to consider this course!\n\nYannick Kounga

201 - 225 of 1,478 Reviews for Successful Negotiation: Essential Strategies and Skills

Dec 29, 2016

This course is amazing! Thank you people from Coursera for giving me this great opportunity of learning this negotiation skills, they will be very useful in my life for now on. Thank you!

By Krishna S

Feb 13, 2019

Great lectures and detailed frameworks discussed with live case examples. Love attending each session and squeezing in more time from work to complete the course and learn new concepts

By Paris

Jan 14, 2019

THIS CLASS IS VERY USEFUL WHETHER FROM PRACTICAL SKILLS OR THEORITICAL BASIS FOR MY NEGOTIATION IN MY REAL WORKING ENVIRONMENT, WHICH LEADS MR TO THINK TWICE BEFORE I throw out my ideas

By Luz M C J

Nov 11, 2016

Mr. George Siedel explains in a very simple and comprehensive way essential strategies and skills for a successful negotiation. This course is extremely valuable! Thank you, professor.

By André A

Oct 01, 2015

Extremamente envolvente por apresentar fatos reais em seus exemplos, tanto para o sucesso nas negociações, como para negócios fracassados que servem de exemplo para a melhora contínua.

By Nona B A

Mar 26, 2017

I learned a lot of techniques that I can use not only in business/ work-related negotiations but also to my personal day-to-day transactions. Thank you very much, Prof. George Siedel!

By Thamires N

Dec 22, 2016

I really enjoyed the course, the content was amazing and I learned a lot with it. The Professor used a simple language and gave a daily life examples, which made the whole difference.

By Yang G

Jan 22, 2016

Thank you Professor Siedel. This course has accompanied me through stressful and hard time, in my first year of small business. What I have learnt will still accompany me. Thank you.

By Gonzalo D H

Nov 10, 2015

This is a very well thought course. It addresses everything you need to know when negotiating.

It works whether you have negotiating experience or none at all.

Thanks to the professor!

By ZAFAR K

Dec 21, 2017

Thanks a lot Prof. George Siedeles. It was one of the best courses I have taken. I learned a lot about the art of successful negotiations a much needed tool I always wanted to have.

By Mahmoud A I

Mar 05, 2016

This Course really add to my life, As I studied it for my personal use, I already have alto of confidence and benefits in my negotiations situations.

Thank you Dr.Sandal

Mahmoud Atta

By Claudia E C R

Aug 20, 2015

Excelente!! Muy recomendable, una amplia compilación de interesantes experiencias e información para aplicar en cualquier interacción, relación y/o negociación con otras personas.

By Ananth V

Apr 29, 2016

Brilliantly well structured and pragmatically applicative course and with George Siedel Sir's teaching methods and guidance this course is a must take for aspiring professionals.

By Daniele S

Sep 08, 2015

Great teacher, wonderfull content and examples.

Only one improving point: the videos were often working badly (no audio or breaking the upload)

By Raghuraman

Jan 27, 2020

Great course with lectures suitable for beginners and with a well-structured course plan. also a big thanks to Prof. George Siedel for his excellent contribution to this course.

By Simy R

Apr 10, 2019

Professor George Siedel is extremely knowledgeable. I learned a lot from attending this course. If negotiation is part of anything you do, I highly recommend taking this course!

By Ivo H

Oct 17, 2017

I had a lot of fun watching the classes and reading his book. The quality of the classes has certainly surprised me in a positive way. It worths the (small) investment demanded!

By Ronaldo L d S

May 29, 2017

A very informative and productive course. It made me view negotiations strategy along with the aspects involved from a different perspective. I definitely recommend this course.

By ruta

Oct 17, 2015

Excellent course. The instructor experience is invaluable. The knowledge gained from this course will be very usefull in my personal life and at work. Highly recommended course!

By Mauro P G

Dec 16, 2019

The course has a good dynamic and is very useful shows all steps of a negotiation from the preparation to how to close a contract. Best part is the Psychological tools and ADR.

By MUKTA G

Sep 25, 2019

This is really a very knowledgeable course with lots of examples and easy language, it helped me in understanding lots of negotiation skills with flexible timings. Thanks a lot

By George K

Jan 14, 2018

Totally, a lot of useful info regarding the negotiation's field. We all think we are good negotiators, but you will change your mind after this course. Definetely recommend it!

By Yeniret F B

May 16, 2017

Excelente curso, recomendado ya que te da las herramientas para lograr tus metas en una negociación; ganar es importante pero también que la otra parte sienta que tambien gano.

By Rose O

Mar 30, 2017

Excellent Course for anyone who wants a clearer understanding of Negotiations - great examples used, lecturer is easily understood, and the topics covered are very interesting.

By Anthony K

Nov 11, 2016

This has been one of the most fantastic journeys in my (upper) education! Excellent teaching, great contents, definitely valuable for anyone involved in business relationships.