Back to Introduction to Negotiation: A Strategic Playbook for Becoming a Principled and Persuasive Negotiator

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Negotiation: A Strategic Playbook for Becoming a Principled and Persuasive Negotiator by Yale University

This course will help you be a better negotiator. Unlike many negotiation courses, we develop a framework for analyzing and shaping negotiations. This framework will allow you to make principled arguments that persuade others. It will allow you to see beneath the surface of apparent conflicts to uncover the underlying interests. You will leave the course better able to predict, interpret, and shape the behavior of those you face in competitive situations. In this course, you will have several opportunities to negotiate with other students using case studies based on common situations in business and in life. You can get feedback on your performance and compare what you did to how others approached the same scenario. The cases also provide a setting to discuss a wide-ranging set of topics including preparing for a negotiation, making ultimatums, avoiding regret, expanding the pie, and dealing with someone who has a very different perspective on the world. Advanced topics include negotiating when you have no power, negotiating over email, and the role of gender differences in negotiation. To close out the course, we will hear insights from three negotiation experts: Linda Babcock, Herb Cohen, and John McCall MacBain. Enjoy....

MN

Jun 12, 2017

I have completed over 12 courses on Coursera and this one is the best presented of them all. You can learn a lot of un-intuitive things about negotiation that will serve you well in life and business.

NK

Great course .. being an Indian Negotiation is very natural to me. It starts with street vendors in India. I would like you to upload more case studies industry based .. I loved the way you teach ...

301 - 325 of 1,062 Reviews for Introduction to Negotiation: A Strategic Playbook for Becoming a Principled and Persuasive Negotiator

By Ahnaf T A

Jun 02, 2020

This is perhaps the most pragmatic course that I have taken. Everyone should learn about negotiation and games for leading a satisfying life. And bonus, Professor Nalebuff is a gem!

By Rebecca F

I strongly suggest this course. It is really interactive and it gives the possibility to know and negotiate with new people, by applying the knowledges acquired on real life cases.

By Eric F

Apr 28, 2019

It's fantastic a course. I never though the negotiation has so many theory and skiils behind. It's very helpful not only for the negotiation itself, but also the business thinking.

By Fenny

Thank you Prof Barry, I learnt so much from this course and enjoy all the video animation and case studies. Thank you for putting in so much effort to make the learning enjoyable.

By Bartolome C P

Aug 18, 2019

Very useful, although difficult to follow sometimes, when you come back to examples in real life negotiations between companies you realize how useful is what the course thaughts

By María d P M S

Aug 05, 2020

This course was excellent. Barry, and his deluxe guest proffessors were absolutely outstanding. Thank you very much for teaching such valuable content with the highest quality!!

By Lindsey G

May 06, 2020

This course is very interesting, practical, and interactive. The approach adopted is the best way to learn how to negotiate better by putting the skills you learn into practice.

By Jim M

Nov 12, 2018

Highly recommend. The course exceeded my expectations in every way. The content and presentation are excellent. How I approach negotiations going forward will be very different.

By Maxim S

Apr 18, 2020

Highly recommend this course to everyone! Do not get discouraged at first at the sing of math through. IT is a very interactive program and all your questions will be answered.

By Layne M

Professor Barry Nalebuff was able to make an online class something I looked forward to each week! I learned a lot and found his class informative and entertaining! Thank you!

By Rahul K D

May 12, 2020

Thanks to Prof. Barry for teaching various concepts and strategies, sharing and explaining real-time examples. I felt very informative and will definitely suggest this course.

By Hermann a

Sep 01, 2020

The course was wonderful. Infact, I now see life differently and apply every step of the course into my personal negotiation. I am tempted start a new career as a negotiator.

By Enrico C

Jun 10, 2020

exceptional yet surprising course. A lot of info and practice about how to become a better negotiator; indeed in how to start being a negotiator. Enlighting course. Congrats!

By Rodrigo I G C

Apr 06, 2020

It was very nice to see other perspectives on how to negotiate and how to see what´s on stage. Also, amazing views on what are the expected values of a contract to each side.

By Ojasvi J

This course is amazing... It taught me that there is always a way can can benefit everyone... And help you keep a healthy relation with your client, partner, parties etc...

By Rubén M V

Apr 13, 2020

I have learned to broaden my point of view in negotiations and to find and expand "the Pie".

The variety of videos is very enriching and the practical examples very useful.

By Rahel S

Apr 22, 2020

Absolute fantastic course. I have learned so much and I will for sure be able to integrate my new skills in my career. Barry Nalebuff and his team created a great course!

By Alberto D M

Apr 12, 2020

This course has been both interesting and entertaining, as it teaches really important strategies and principles in an intuitive and interactive way.

Totally suggested!

By Mudit A

May 09, 2020

Definitely a brilliant course.

You'll learn the nuances of negotiation and even without you paying conscious attention to it, you'll end up using it in your daily life.

By America E E B

Oct 17, 2020

Es un curso verdaderamente magnífico, aprendes demasiadas cosas, términos, aprendes a hacer una negociación y hay personas que te revisan esto, te apoyan, te dan tips

By Miguel L

Feb 03, 2020

Very useful course, learned a lot of concepts and gain new skills. Materials are very well done, Barry is a very good professor and the course is very well presented.

By Priyam

Jul 02, 2020

This is a course for everyone. Prof Nalebuff is an excellent tutor/guide. It covers in a lot of detail, with everyday life examples, the nuances of any transaction.

By Man L

Excellent course to make a abstract negotiation process to be quantitive. Help us to understand the logic which helps us set our baseline and make a right decision.

By Maria C S

Everything that you learn in this course can be apply to your personal and professional life. I am also planning to teach my son how to negotiate from an early age.

By ALESSIO F

May 07, 2020

I highly recommend this course.

You will find it fun and engaging if you're interested in negatiation, independently from your education and professional background.