Back to Introduction to Negotiation: A Strategic Playbook for Becoming a Principled and Persuasive Negotiator

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Negotiation: A Strategic Playbook for Becoming a Principled and Persuasive Negotiator by Yale University

This course will help you be a better negotiator. Unlike many negotiation courses, we develop a framework for analyzing and shaping negotiations. This framework will allow you to make principled arguments that persuade others. It will allow you to see beneath the surface of apparent conflicts to uncover the underlying interests. You will leave the course better able to predict, interpret, and shape the behavior of those you face in competitive situations. In this course, you will have several opportunities to negotiate with other students using case studies based on common situations in business and in life. You can get feedback on your performance and compare what you did to how others approached the same scenario. The cases also provide a setting to discuss a wide-ranging set of topics including preparing for a negotiation, making ultimatums, avoiding regret, expanding the pie, and dealing with someone who has a very different perspective on the world. Advanced topics include negotiating when you have no power, negotiating over email, and the role of gender differences in negotiation. To close out the course, we will hear insights from three negotiation experts: Linda Babcock, Herb Cohen, and John McCall MacBain. Enjoy....

MN

Jun 12, 2017

I have completed over 12 courses on Coursera and this one is the best presented of them all. You can learn a lot of un-intuitive things about negotiation that will serve you well in life and business.

RC

Sep 08, 2015

A superb introduction to negotiation from game theory point of view, which itself is a fascinating subject and taught by Barry nelbuff, a brilliantly simple teacher. read his books and you'll know.

301 - 325 of 427 Reviews for Introduction to Negotiation: A Strategic Playbook for Becoming a Principled and Persuasive Negotiator

By Paul F G

Jun 25, 2017

Prof. Nalebaum has crafted a thoughtful and detailed course, which wonderfully assists the learner in navigating the intricacies of negotiation basics. I would heartily recommend this course to both learned and beginning negotiators as it is a key skill to have in one's life.

By Rajiv S

Apr 24, 2017

Exceptionally good and very very relevant to the world of negotiation. I can see myself using some of the techniques outlined in the course.

By Amauri D G

May 07, 2017

Excellent course.

By Lisanne T

Sep 01, 2017

Great insights and tips! Very easy to learn and very applicable

By Attila K

Jul 13, 2017

Very interesting course and lots of interesting points of view to expand your existing knowledge. Very interesting for people without any negotiation back

By Marya D

Dec 13, 2017

I highly recommend this course to everyone - regardless of what your role is, what your career path looks like, this is a great course to really understand how to effectively communicate with others and negotiate anything and everything.

By Nidhin T A

Nov 17, 2017

This course taught me a lot of the fundamentals of Negotiation. Barry is an amazing professor and I would recommend this course to my friends.

By Julian H

May 25, 2017

Fantastic Course. Highly interacitve and very well crafted material!

By Andreea R

Apr 20, 2017

Excellent content and easy t

By Nitinun V

Mar 12, 2017

What would be better than spending your free time watching at entertaining animation + gaining knowledge! Highly recommend this course to everyone!

By David D

Nov 08, 2017

Great course with plenty of opportunities to practice

By Joseph N S

Jan 06, 2018

This course is really well thought out, and the professor takes a logical--and fun--approach from explaining the concept of the pie, all the way to more advanced topics. Additionally, the real-world experiences and engaging videos helped me absorb the information more quickly and relate it back to my own past and, hopefully future, negotiations!

By Radu P

May 17, 2017

A very good course that I will surely recommend

By Nhat Q L

Aug 19, 2017

I love it

By Fendy K

May 08, 2017

It was a pleasure attending and completing this class. I'd highly recommend this course to other professionals who spend most of their time doing a negotiation, just like I do. I definitely gained a lot of new knowledge from Prof. Barry, not only from his teaching but also the way the online course was prepared by his team.

By ereca

Apr 19, 2018

amazing

By Yalin K

Jun 13, 2018

Definitely exceeded my expectations ! I belive I gained a solid perspective for all potential negotiations.

By Robert M " C

Jul 09, 2018

Challenging and intuitive course with an entertaining and well versed professor. Highly recommend for Purchasing professionals. I've been in Purchasing for 26 years and my eyes were opened to new logic and ideas in this course.

By Yuanbo L

Nov 04, 2018

It really pays to find a partner to practice! It's easily the best part of the learning experience.

By RICARDO I C M

Apr 17, 2019

It was a unique experience, as South American, being able to participate and negotiate with people who was taking the same course from all over the world, is something you can usually dream of. Definitly I feel the change on my way of seing negotiation and I expect to meet our professor and partners soon.

By Mohamed A A

Apr 03, 2019

it was a great course, it was full of information and knowledge. it helped me to be a better negotiator.

By Eric F

Apr 28, 2019

It's fantastic a course. I never though the negotiation has so many theory and skiils behind. It's very helpful not only for the negotiation itself, but also the business thinking.

By Luca V

Great !!!!!

By Raluca M

Mar 31, 2019

I REALLY ENJOYED IT, DIFFERENT WAY OF PRESENTING THINGS AND VERY CATCHY IN THE SAME TIME

By Smital B

Mar 31, 2019

This course is a great guide for sales people at any stage in their career. However, i feel the process of finding a negotiation partner is quite difficult. Otherwise, the case studies and the course content is fantastic.