Back to Introduction to Negotiation: A Strategic Playbook for Becoming a Principled and Persuasive Negotiator

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Negotiation: A Strategic Playbook for Becoming a Principled and Persuasive Negotiator by Yale University

This course will help you be a better negotiator. Unlike many negotiation courses, we develop a framework for analyzing and shaping negotiations. This framework will allow you to make principled arguments that persuade others. It will allow you to see beneath the surface of apparent conflicts to uncover the underlying interests. You will leave the course better able to predict, interpret, and shape the behavior of those you face in competitive situations. In this course, you will have several opportunities to negotiate with other students using case studies based on common situations in business and in life. You can get feedback on your performance and compare what you did to how others approached the same scenario. The cases also provide a setting to discuss a wide-ranging set of topics including preparing for a negotiation, making ultimatums, avoiding regret, expanding the pie, and dealing with someone who has a very different perspective on the world. Advanced topics include negotiating when you have no power, negotiating over email, and the role of gender differences in negotiation. To close out the course, we will hear insights from three negotiation experts: Linda Babcock, Herb Cohen, and John McCall MacBain. Enjoy....

MN

Jun 12, 2017

I have completed over 12 courses on Coursera and this one is the best presented of them all. You can learn a lot of un-intuitive things about negotiation that will serve you well in life and business.

NK

Great course .. being an Indian Negotiation is very natural to me. It starts with street vendors in India. I would like you to upload more case studies industry based .. I loved the way you teach ...

451 - 475 of 1,030 Reviews for Introduction to Negotiation: A Strategic Playbook for Becoming a Principled and Persuasive Negotiator

By Erich K

May 02, 2020

I loved the assignments, which connects you with students all over the world and makes you apply what you have learned.

By Sergio E

May 22, 2018

Fantastic course with lot of interactive negotiation case studies. Almost like being in the class and negotiating live.

By Orsolya N

Sep 12, 2017

I really like this course and animations!! It isreally easy to understand with it and the examples are very usefulll :)

By Estêvão E d C A G

Aug 17, 2017

I think this is the best course to learn all the key strategies and tools to be on track to become a master negotiator.

By LEONIDAS G

Sep 02, 2019

Very interesting course. It covers not only the basics but offers knowledge about most of the issues in a negotiation.

By Juan P B

Apr 30, 2017

Super fun course, great teacher, the approach to the subject is excellent for an introduction. Aboslutely recommended.

By olayanju o

Aug 24, 2016

A fantastic course especially in business administration. Highly recommended for aspiring entrepreneurs and start ups

By Enrique P

Only one word: excellent. I've learned quite a good amount of tools in order to help me in any kind of negotiations.

By Orlando A S M

Sep 20, 2020

The course introduces innovative concepts and best practices which are not evident even for experienced negotiators

By jaime s

Apr 14, 2020

Excellent! The teacher and colaborators knowledge and way to explain it are worth of every minute of it.

Thanks !!!

By Aleksandra K

Apr 07, 2020

The course is not as easy as one could expect. I learned a lot and feel that I will be better negotiator in future!

By Naman S

Jun 21, 2019

This course is really great. It helps you to think in the logical and mathematical way about negotiations and deals

By Kevin B

Sep 12, 2018

Excellent course. It is very usefull and fun to learn. I thought it was easy to find partners for the negotiations.

By Mauricio V

Jan 12, 2018

Muy buen curso! Una extraordinaria batería de Criterios Objetivos - principios y herramientas para la negociación!!

By Erica M M

Sep 20, 2015

Great, very usefull, so many examples, very interactive, easy to work with, great content, excelent!! get into it!!

By Micaela V P

Aug 26, 2020

Negotiation is a very important life skill, and this course teaches the basics so you can become a very good one.

By Naia G S

Jun 24, 2020

Very didactic course, well expleined, gives you tons of motivation and practice to go out there and eat the world.

By Rahul G

Jun 18, 2020

This is one of the best course I have ever done from coursera and to be honest this is one of the must do course .

By Imosemi E J

I learnt a lot on negotiation

And I hope I use my learned skills to impact people positively and improve my career.

By Liangyi X

May 05, 2020

Excellent course, I loved that it was interactive with group activities, reading, videos, and practical exercises.

By Mathew J

Jun 24, 2019

Great course. Even though I completed 2 yrs back, the lessons I learned are still relevant and being applied.

Mat

By Josué C M O

Jun 24, 2017

Great Course. It is perfect for someone who wants to learn more about negotiation techniques and legal procedures.

By Alexandra H

Jun 15, 2020

Highly useful course. Each week, I learned something new and was implementing course ideas into my everyday life.

By Jenny W

Jun 09, 2020

Very great course! Gives a fantastic overview of different negotiations types and how to prepare and handle them!

By Valentina A V

May 15, 2020

I loved the course, it was a big challenge at first but once you start getting a hang of it it's almost addicting