Back to Algorithmic Toolbox

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Algorithmic Toolbox by University of California San Diego

The course covers basic algorithmic techniques and ideas for computational problems arising frequently in practical applications: sorting and searching, divide and conquer, greedy algorithms, dynamic programming. We will learn a lot of theory: how to sort data and how it helps for searching; how to break a large problem into pieces and solve them recursively; when it makes sense to proceed greedily; how dynamic programming is used in genomic studies. You will practice solving computational problems, designing new algorithms, and implementing solutions efficiently (so that they run in less than a second)....

SG
Jan 19, 2017

I liked the fact that the algorithms are not just the introductory searching and sorting algorithms. The assignments are fairly difficult (I have decent scripting experience), but not impossibly so.

MM
Sep 28, 2017

good course, I like the fact you can use a lot of languages for you programming exercises, the content is really helpful, I would like to have more indications from the grading system to save time.

326 - 350 of 1,985 Reviews for Algorithmic Toolbox

By omar e

May 21, 2018

The course is very nice and i enjoyed most of the parts, however i think we can do better in the dynamic programming lessons , it was very hard to keep up with the instructor.

By Ritika C

It was an amazing experience to be a part of this course,i learnt problem solving skill,code optimization stress testing and it was fun while solving the program assignments.

By Devanshu B

May 5, 2020

All the faculties are best in their fields and explained every topic so nicely and with perfect examples that even the most difficult topics became much easier to understand.

By Sean W

Jul 9, 2017

Programming assignments are well calibrated in terms of difficulty and are where most of my learning happened. Alexander Kulikov stands out as a particularly good instructor.

By ANIL K G

Dec 5, 2018

Its increased my thinking ability, now I am way to write efficient algorithm ad well as program. I recommend to every programmer should join this course and take advantage.

By Andreas M

Dec 18, 2017

This course teaches the basics of algorithms. I watched it on 1.75 times speed with pauses at important points, because a lot of it is repetitive, especially the beginning.

By Jimut B P

Jan 26, 2017

superb programming assignments, created sophisticated logic for solving high edge problems using O(log n) or O(n logn) complexity, this was very challenging and nice course

By Shivraj S

Jan 31, 2019

Enjoyed the course. Would really appreciate if the auto-grader for assignments was for individual questions instead of all the questions clubbed together in an assignment.

By Rishabh N

Jul 14, 2020

Excellent course material for learning about data structure and Algorithms.Also a great help if you want to improve or start competitive programming to get a better start

By Agustin I

Jun 28, 2020

It was my first time doing a Coursera curse. I'm really happy with the level and the learning curve.

I'm going to keep learning with the website and the University.

Thanks!

By Syed Z

Apr 21, 2020

Awesome explanation by lecturers n the problems they provide are bit tough,but it increase our thinking capacity n the implementation of algorithms to the exact problem!!

By Andres F O G

It's a very good course, I love the fact that we learn through exercises, even though some exercises can be challenging you learn a lot by at least trying to solve them.

By madhav n

May 14, 2020

A very helpful course. helped me a lot in knowing the depth of DP, Greedy algorithms. In all a must course for beginners who want to strengthen their base of algorithms.

By Amine A

Aug 21, 2019

My first MOOC, I learned so much, the lessons are clear and the exercises diversified, I encourage everyone to do the Algorithmic Toolbox, you will surely not regret it.

By Christopher W

Feb 1, 2020

I loved this course! Very thorough and clear explanations of the concepts, and projects that were a stretch but at the same time I didn't feel thrown into the deep end.

By Divya S

Sep 3, 2019

Very good base in algorithms! My only request is, please reply to forum comments as it is difficult when programs fail and we do not know the test cases they failed on!

By Connor W

Aug 19, 2017

Excellent introduction to algorithms, though it can be quite challenging for beginners. Very good assignments for practice too. Good job to the course content creators.

By Harshith n s g s

Aug 30, 2020

I learned a lot by from this course .programming assignments are challenging and made me a better programmer .I would like to thank coursera for providing this course

By AYUSH R

Jun 13, 2020

This course "Algorithmic Toolbox" by Coursera is of great importance as it makes us learn to develop required Algorithms for different problems from scratch. loved it.

By Manuel P

Jan 19, 2019

I feel really challenged about this course, things were becoming tough but with the help of the videos i totally understood the main idea behind every algorithm taught

By David G K X

Jul 10, 2020

Very good and interesting. I love this course a lot. Thank you for taking the time to teach other students. Definitely will take the time to look back at this course.

By Vadim S

Dec 26, 2019

I've learned a big deal from this course and I want to thank all the wonderful people who prepared this course, taught it and otherwise made this possible. Thank you!

By Jashandeep S

Sep 19, 2019

This is my first course on coursera and i am very much excited to learn, Now after completing this course i am very much excited to learn other new stuff on coursera.

By Piyush T

Sep 1, 2018

It is an excellent course that helped me rise above my fears. Specially in Dynamic Programming. The Instructors have put really a great effort in making this course.

By Anshul p

Jul 6, 2020

Great Course for a beginner in the field of designing and analyzing algorithms. Got to learn a lot and also practice a lot with challenging programming assignments.