Back to Algorithmic Toolbox

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Algorithmic Toolbox by University of California San Diego

The course covers basic algorithmic techniques and ideas for computational problems arising frequently in practical applications: sorting and searching, divide and conquer, greedy algorithms, dynamic programming. We will learn a lot of theory: how to sort data and how it helps for searching; how to break a large problem into pieces and solve them recursively; when it makes sense to proceed greedily; how dynamic programming is used in genomic studies. You will practice solving computational problems, designing new algorithms, and implementing solutions efficiently (so that they run in less than a second). Do you have technical problems? Write to us: coursera@hse.ru...

SG

Jan 20, 2017

I liked the fact that the algorithms are not just the introductory searching and sorting algorithms. The assignments are fairly difficult (I have decent scripting experience), but not impossibly so.

MM

Sep 29, 2017

good course, I like the fact you can use a lot of languages for you programming exercises, the content is really helpful, I would like to have more indications from the grading system to save time.

326 - 350 of 1,055 Reviews for Algorithmic Toolbox

By William L

Nov 26, 2016

Great class for students with some elementary programming background who are eager to learn the fundamentals of algorithm design.

By chandramohan

Jun 12, 2017

This is best course to Start . Nice Mentor and Nice Evaluation

By BoYue-Zeng

Oct 25, 2017

很棒的課程。

By Sergei F

Mar 05, 2017

A very nice introduction to solving algorithmic problems in general. Liked the fact that testing techniques are emphasized so much.

By Evgeny P

Oct 16, 2016

Thank you very much! I am looking forward to joining the second course of the specialization.

By MD A H Z

Mar 16, 2018

This is a great and very helpful course to learn algorithm. The course materials are very clear and easy to learn.

By Abd E K

Jan 25, 2018

I am very happy to learn this course. I learned many algorithms from it and many skills to solve many problems.

By nguyen7thai

Jun 17, 2016

This course is awesome

By Ankit K

Mar 19, 2016

good

By Jaydeep B M

Jul 01, 2017

This is an exceptionally good course and has been taught very well. I would like to suggest providing some help for the difficult problems ans also adding some solutions with the best complexity so that we can see and learn.

By Shahar D

Apr 15, 2016

Great Course

By Vishav V K

Jun 12, 2017

I must confess I was a bit hesitant to start this specialization. But after 3 weeks in, I am very happy that I started with this specialization. The course has the right pace and instructors have very nicely divided the videos in shorter logical entities which are easy to understand. I love the exercises. All the other exercises in other courses that I have taken for coursera provide you with a lot of code already done and you just have to write a very small piece of code to complete the assignments, but not in this one. We need to write the whole assignment on our own, right from choosing the appropriate data structure and algorithm design. They sure have a starter code but I only look at them once I have some solution, in order to do a check of my code design as well.

I must say, this is an awesome course. Great work guys putting this together.

By Prashanth

May 22, 2017

Amazing Course. Taught me a lot of basics

By Cameron F

Apr 04, 2016

It's not too much work. For someone who wants to take programming classes online but also may have a variant amount of time, this course is perfect.

By Natalia S

Dec 16, 2017

Excellent course! Very structured and well designed. Instructors are very knowledgeable and presentation of the material is very well organized.

By Đình H

Mar 14, 2018

不是太难,还是可以接受的

By Karan V

Sep 02, 2016

Some features of this course are too good like Dynamic Programming. Thanks for helping me out .

By Adib C

Jan 28, 2018

This course gave me a great refresher on algorithms concepts learned in college. The lectures were clear and explained complex issues in a straightforward and step-by-step manner. I also enjoyed the programming assignments: they were challenging enough to make me think, but not so hard as to take up many hours of my time.

By Arjun M

Dec 20, 2016

Learnt so much! Great content.

By Rohit S S

Feb 27, 2016

Very good course on algorithms,particularly useful for competitive programming.

By Yichao H

Dec 01, 2017

扎实的内容,作业有点难,学到很多!

By Ivan P

Apr 10, 2017

Great course! Interesting and useful.

By Gaurav R P