Back to Algorithmic Toolbox

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Algorithmic Toolbox by University of California San Diego

The course covers basic algorithmic techniques and ideas for computational problems arising frequently in practical applications: sorting and searching, divide and conquer, greedy algorithms, dynamic programming. We will learn a lot of theory: how to sort data and how it helps for searching; how to break a large problem into pieces and solve them recursively; when it makes sense to proceed greedily; how dynamic programming is used in genomic studies. You will practice solving computational problems, designing new algorithms, and implementing solutions efficiently (so that they run in less than a second). Do you have technical problems? Write to us: coursera@hse.ru...

SG

Jan 20, 2017

I liked the fact that the algorithms are not just the introductory searching and sorting algorithms. The assignments are fairly difficult (I have decent scripting experience), but not impossibly so.

MM

Sep 29, 2017

good course, I like the fact you can use a lot of languages for you programming exercises, the content is really helpful, I would like to have more indications from the grading system to save time.

201 - 225 of 1,058 Reviews for Algorithmic Toolbox

By WEIJUN Z

Feb 19, 2017

good course, thank you very much.

By L.Pavan K

Jan 11, 2017

very nice

By Clement R

Nov 07, 2016

Awesome course. Well explained with lots of examples.

The must see if interested about the basics of algorithmic.

By Yao Z

Sep 19, 2017

Thank you for offering this awesome class.

By Suryakanta M

Jun 20, 2016

It's a great course which helped me in a greater extent to enhance my concept in Algorithm.

By Om P

Jun 22, 2017

Awesome!

By Tùng D P

Sep 27, 2016

The course brings a lot of knowledge for me, help me to improve the expertise and foreign language teachers are very easy to understand, clear pronunciation

By Bjornn B O F F

Feb 19, 2017

Very interesting topic. Hard push

By Vijay S

Jun 12, 2016

Learn some new and very interesting things. It covered my doubts as well.

By Walid O

Feb 17, 2017

the course is very good , the best part is implementing the algorithm ,this will give you deep understanding of the algorithm also it will force you to improve your programming skills if you are a beginner , it was very useful for me .

By Abe E

Aug 20, 2017

Lots of good problems. The bar to pass is very low, but I felt I actually learned by completing the whole thing. There is a forum with some helpful advice on some of the problems. The easiest problems are the ones you just copy the algorithm verbatim from the slides, but there are some more interesting problems with terrible edge cases, like the minimal distance among n points.

They follow the textbook pretty well, so you can pick up that book for cheap and read it too! I liked most of the lecturers, but a few I could have done without and ended up referencing other sources as a result. I learned a lot and will continue in the specialization.

By JICHEN W

Jan 19, 2018

very informative course and assignment is full of challenges

By Borislav M

Jun 19, 2016

Excellent course!

By Neng-Yu T

Apr 27, 2017

good pre course for learning any language

By William M

Oct 12, 2016

Amazing course! Highly recommended to everyone. I've actually taken an algorithms course in university, and this one is much better!

By Kapil K

Sep 13, 2016

great course, covers the basic algorithms and techniques thoroughly. great for someone who is just starting in the field of algorithms.

By 孟宇伟

May 20, 2016

I love it!!!!!!! excellent!

By Zhikai C

wonderful!!!

cool coding problems

By Zhao Y

Jan 15, 2018

very useful class, a little hard, but it's worth to take this class!

By srivardhan

Mar 14, 2017

I really appreciate the way course contents are selected in each course of the specialization , It really gives a great conceptual clarity of all the topics .

I find a bit difficulty in understanding Big O notation so please try to give some more reference to understand it and also provide some general techniques to calculate it from just looking at code.

By Bhuwan P U

Mar 16, 2016

Good Course

By Isaac C S

May 02, 2018

Amazing and well explained Course, Taught me so much!

Nov 30, 2016