Back to Creative Writing: The Craft of Plot

BM

Nov 05, 2019

The course was informative on how to build, structure and develop the plot of our own stories. It was also very helpful in guiding us through the editing process. A useful course for aspiring writers.

LB

Nov 16, 2018

Great information about plot and scene structure. The information about revision was entirely new to me - thank you! The exercises were good and difficult in a good way that helped me hone my writing.

201 - 225 of 640 Reviews for Creative Writing: The Craft of Plot

By Fernanda B

Sep 22, 2017

Thank you very much! I'll go on with all the courses! It is being great! I learnt a lot with that one!

By Nysha c

Jan 14, 2018

Very useful and inspiring.

By Francisco R S H

Mar 20, 2018

Great teachers and simple explanations for complex things. I enjoyed it a lot.

By Donald S P

May 15, 2018

excellent thought provoking course. Thoroughly enjoyed it

By Crystal C

Mar 18, 2018

Thank you professors for your time creating this course. It really empowered my writing... I've written over 100k words since starting this course. I gained the confidence to just start writing and not to worry about making it perfect the first time. Loved this course and have recommended to others. God bless you!

By Sonia F

Aug 08, 2017

Great course. I've learnt a lot and intend to continue with the whole writing course, now that I have some time during the holidays.

By Yasir K

Mar 17, 2016

This is priceless.

By Warren P

Aug 30, 2017

This class helped me a lot. I learned how to structure my stories and get the mechanics right, so they follow the arc they should. I also learned to show and not tell.

By Emily F

Mar 13, 2016

Excellent, great info. Loved it.

By Ritupriya G

Feb 23, 2016

I loved this course. It was very helpful and gave me a lot of insights in fiction writing. Thanks for bringing this course to us!

By Cj B

Jun 28, 2016

Wonderful. Just wish it could have been longer. The shop talking sections with featuring Brando speaking with other writers were incredibly insightful.

By Jolanta T

Jun 26, 2017

Great course and very informative. Thank you !!!

By Mariya G

Mar 27, 2018

I found this course practical and helpful. I would highly recommend it to other novice writers.

By Gao G

Oct 06, 2016

I have learned a lot from this course. I appreciate the good instruction from Professor Skyhorse as well as the encouragement, constructive advice and critique from my lovely classmates .

By Janet S

Jul 20, 2017

I found this to be a challenging - and very eye-opening - course. I really enjoyed the instructor's style. I recommend this course to anyone who either wants to write or is already writing and wants to improve.

By Jack H

Feb 13, 2018

I enjoyed this course immensely, even though it continually interrupted my favorite pastime of being out in the freezing wind and sleet while repeatedly digging out my walks and driveways after a series of delightful snow and ice storms. I liked the lecture-clips. I think that the expertise of the instructors comes through in their presentations. I intend to sign up for the remaining courses once I get finished shoveling snow. It's one of the "main" reasons people move to Maine

~Jack Hayes

By Erin H

Jan 22, 2017

Thumbs up! I haven't taken a writing class at university before, but I've written a lot over the last few years - I'm a bit of a self-taught amateur. I was looking for guidance in growing my storytelling abilities. I thought this class was fantastic for that, and I feel that I have some more tools in my belt moving forward. Not only that, this class made me excited about writing! I enjoyed the interviews that Brando did with other teachers. Brando as a teacher is fantastic, he is clear and concise, and you can tell he is passionate about writing. On top of that, he has a lovely kind demeanour, which made the videos a pleasure to watch. I would recommend this course to anyone who is looking for tools to advance their writing. I'm looking forward to the next class in this series on Character!

By Jeffrey C

Jun 05, 2017

This is a great course and instructed very well. I like that it is all done in video sessions. I have had too many courses with other organizations that sell a course that is just written material that you can get on Amazon in a few books for $4.99...

By Manoranjan M

Feb 16, 2017

This course improved my writing skills in a tangible way - I will apply it both for my aspiration to become a writer as well as to express myself better at work. My main improvement is in structure and understanding more about editing process, getting rid of unnecessary part of the outcome.

By Natalia G

Sep 28, 2017

Thank you. This was very helpful in getting me unstuck in the novel I am writing. There's still a lot for me to practice but this helped me massively! I hope I do get to finish and publish my novel. And when I do, I would love to thank you guys and Brando in my acknowledgments. This is a great course because plot is my ultimate weakness. This helped me understand the basics and helped me have a better concept for my novel. Thank you again!

By Maria-Isabel C

Dec 06, 2017

This was the first subject of the Creative Writing Course I took and I recommend it to anyone who is starting to write. After completing The Craft of Plot I was encouraged enough to continue with the other subjects of the specialization. Prof. Brando Skyhorse is clear and his teachings easy to follow and to understand. I really enjoyed it.

By Vasileia

Sep 13, 2017

Great course! It really helps you realize the basics of plot and the requirements for writing a good book. Very analytical and easy to follow. Also the projects were very helpful as well as the feedback received form the peers. Highly reccomended!

By Monica W

Oct 10, 2017

I learned so much in this course and I recommend it to anyone who's considered becoming a writer.

By Rodrigo B W

Jan 21, 2018

Very good lessons, interviews, audio and video quality.

By Unni M K

Jun 27, 2018

It's very helpful and does improve the skills.