Back to An Intuitive Introduction to Probability

Learner Reviews & Feedback for An Intuitive Introduction to Probability by University of Zurich

This course will provide you with a basic, intuitive and practical introduction into Probability Theory. You will be able to learn how to apply Probability Theory in different scenarios and you will earn a "toolbox" of methods to deal with uncertainty in your daily life. The course is split in 5 modules. In each module you will first have an easy introduction into the topic, which will serve as a basis to further develop your knowledge about the topic and acquire the "tools" to deal with uncertainty. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to complete 5 exercise sessions to reflect about the content learned in each module and start applying your earned knowledge right away. The topics covered are: "Probability", "Conditional Probability", "Applications", "Random Variables", and "Normal Distribution". You will see how the modules are taught in a lively way, focusing on having an entertaining and useful learning experience! We are looking forward to see you online!...

NS
Sep 16, 2017

Superb course. I am very impressed with the way the faculty explained real world examples through the probability concepts. I wish we can have more courses from him on statistics and machine learning.

MI
Aug 9, 2020

This course has made me fall in love with probability. Highly recommended for anyone who dislikes probability. You will end up loving probability later. Great instructor and quality lecture material.

51 - 75 of 415 Reviews for An Intuitive Introduction to Probability

By Muhammad Y A

Sep 24, 2020

It's been a fun journey! I used to scared of probability or statistics, even if just heard their words made me feel insecure. But after this course, it totally gives me a new perspective and basic knowledge about probability and statistic, I really enjoy this course a lot, thank you.

By Valeriy K

May 9, 2019

Indeed, this is a very intuitive intro to the topic of probability presented by a great professor. I took this course along with one from the University of London (To p or not to p) which was more advanced. So this course complemented the concepts in a great way. Strongly recommended!

By Jorge V

May 28, 2018

The course is a good introduction. There are certain aspects of the course I was not prepared and I had to do extra research on my own. I did not obtain answers from the forum but being able to learn something on my own was really nice and I felt like I did something great for myself.

By Kaisa K

May 14, 2018

I fully enjoyed this course. It is a great introductory course into probability, with tons of real world examples. I had taken probability as part of my college courses >10 years ago, so I just needed a non-boring refresher. This was great. The professor was animated and engaging.

By Carlos V

Mar 16, 2019

The best place I've found to start getting a good (and Intuitive, as the course's name rightfully states) grasp of Probability concepts that I have been familiar with for many years, without really understanding their meaning. Thanks a bunch for the superb work.

Ausgezeichnet!!!!

By ALEXANDRE X S

Jun 9, 2020

Excellent... I have some troubles with english, but not a lot. The distribution of classes are good, but exercises are little unclear. I've needed to read many times to understand. But, i found my way. Thank's a lot by the oportunity. And, sorry about the english. I'm learning!

By Daniel K

May 6, 2017

I found this course very helpful in doing exactly what the title says it is trying to do. The professor is excellent at translating theory into readily grasped concepts. The exercises were well thought out and presented and added value to the course. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

May 6, 2019

Es un curso diseñado para personas que no tienen mayor conocimiento sobre la teoría de la probabilidad. Si bien este no es mi caso, debido a la claridad y profundidad del profesor, me pareció un curso excelente; especialmente debido a los ejemplos y aplicaciones que utiliza.

By Anand D

Jun 9, 2018

It is a great course that teaches you HOW to think about probability and really helped me find new ways to think of probability and Maths. Greatly appreciate the work put in by Karl Schmedders and Jose. Their enthusiasm for the subject is infectious even in a MOOC. :)

By cfinnna

May 24, 2017

It's an interesting intro course of probably if you don't know much about this subject. The lectures are straightforward and easy to digest, exercise are well-organised. The excel formulas introduced are quite useful. Looking forward to more courses from Karl :)

By Harish S V

May 3, 2020

Superb course!! I am not new to probability. However, while teaching Machine Learning, I realised that it would help if I have a deeper understanding of Probability. This course was a great help!! Thanks to Prof. Karl for giving me that intuitive understanding.

By Luis F H

Nov 2, 2020

An exemple of teaching! With humor and skilled technique Karl conducts the course fabulously and desmystifies concepts of probability and statistics easily, what makes the course essential for students who want an initial and stimulant approach to the subject.

By Saad Z S

Jul 26, 2020

I have hated probability for as long as I can remember. But this course was incredible. I highly recommend it for those who have a hard time understanding the basics and nuances of probability. The instructor is one of the best I have studied from on Coursera.

By Enrique

Apr 5, 2020

This is an excellent course. Professor Schmedders not only provides an good introduction to probability; he also explains how our most common intuitions are often based on probabilistic thinking. I would definitely take another course with Prof Schmedders.

By Dariusz J

Feb 4, 2020

The course introduces to probability in a very simple and friendly maner. Real life examples helps to understand better the topics.

For things to change, I would add more practical exercises for the audience, so we may try it more.

By Tarun

Feb 15, 2018

Excellent course with lucid explanations and illustrations, quite easy to understand for those with no background knowledge. Congratulations to Prof Karl and his team and coursera for this wonderful module. Expecting many such course series from Prof Karl!

By Aman S

Sep 21, 2020

One of the most unique and amazing courses which changed my perspective completely about probability! All the fantastic examples provided to explain the applicability of a particular topic was exceptionally good. Looking forward to more such courses.

By Praveen K

Aug 19, 2017

The way Karl taught the probability was more practical and intuitive rather than theoretical. I also liked the enthusiasm in teaching . As promised in the beginning of the course it was fun and i enjoyed a lot. Thanks once again for the cool stuff!!

By Amit m

Mar 10, 2018

Very good introductory course. Teacher was passionate and explained even the smallest of details, which some professors tend to gloss over. It was a little too easy for me, so I'm hoping to see some intermediate/advanced courses from the professor.

By SongNan

May 4, 2017

Very cool course let me dive into probability from very different traditional Math Formula perspective, and give me many chances as I can to apply what I learned into real application. I will definitely recommend this course to any other people.

By Kiryl A

Oct 16, 2019

That was one of the most awesome courses I've ever seen. Professor Karl explains extremely nice and now I think that probability is really fun! Thanks for all your efforts, Jose and Karl. I was really enjoying your lessons. Cheers from Belarus!

By Damian S

Jan 19, 2019

I have learned that "An Intuitive Introduction to Probability" explain basic concepts very clearly. I could learn basic concepts and did small application of theory. Very good for the people searching for an introduction to probability.

By vikram s r

Jun 13, 2020

This course is as it says i.e.very intuitive only due to the great efforts of Karl who makes it so easy for a novice and inspires confidence at each step. My hats off to a wonderful and intuitive teacher that he is! A rare breed indeed

By Ashish D S

Sep 24, 2017

I always struggled in solving probability related problems. This course has definitely helped me in understanding my misconceptions in this area. Thank you for good content and examples which made this course fun to learn.

Thank you.

By Ammarah F

Apr 10, 2018

this course is really helpful in building basics about probability. it explains with examples and also make us think about the wrong approaches we have been tricked by. in lecture quizzes are really nice aspect and keeps me engaged.