Back to An Intuitive Introduction to Probability

Learner Reviews & Feedback for An Intuitive Introduction to Probability by University of Zurich

This course will provide you with a basic, intuitive and practical introduction into Probability Theory. You will be able to learn how to apply Probability Theory in different scenarios and you will earn a "toolbox" of methods to deal with uncertainty in your daily life. The course is split in 5 modules. In each module you will first have an easy introduction into the topic, which will serve as a basis to further develop your knowledge about the topic and acquire the "tools" to deal with uncertainty. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to complete 5 exercise sessions to reflect about the content learned in each module and start applying your earned knowledge right away. The topics covered are: "Probability", "Conditional Probability", "Applications", "Random Variables", and "Normal Distribution". You will see how the modules are taught in a lively way, focusing on having an entertaining and useful learning experience! We are looking forward to see you online!...

NS

Sep 17, 2017

Superb course. I am very impressed with the way the faculty explained real world examples through the probability concepts. I wish we can have more courses from him on statistics and machine learning.

RR

Jun 17, 2017

Amazing course to understand the nature of probability and its applications. Lecture delivery by Karl is fabulous and the efforts put in by Jose is highly appreciable. Hoping for an advance course.

76 - 100 of 271 Reviews for An Intuitive Introduction to Probability

By Gabriela S

Jun 09, 2017

Good course and easy to follow.

By Pankaj S G

Dec 03, 2017

I could not answer few questions in high school final exams due my fear for probability. Professor Karl has really removed my fear and I want to invest more time now in learning more aspects about this. More importantly I could understand all the examples he has explained. Now I know the concepts Conditional probability, random variable and normal distribution. For me, no more, random variable is not just calling a 'rand()' function, normal distribution is no more a bell curve which just looks good and I have more regards for Excel as a tool to compute probabilities. Thanks.

By Andrew W T

Sep 18, 2017

A really excellent class- I learned a good deal about probability and (more importantly) really felt like I *finally* understood things! The professor and TA were very good too.

By Georgios P

May 08, 2017

Nice introductory course!

By Curt E

Mar 29, 2017

This course is great. Karl is really smart and funny. I hope he makes more courses. Thanks Karl!

ps. I thought I had already rated it, but don't see my star count and it deserves every star!

By Anastasia T

Jun 29, 2017

The instructor is so great. Cheerful and to the point, he wants you to learn without much sweating. The information is simple, and through examples it becomes very well acquired. However, it helps much, if you have some background in working with probabilities. I really enjoy having him as a teacher, even from far away. Great job!

By cfinnna

May 24, 2017

It's an interesting intro course of probably if you don't know much about this subject. The lectures are straightforward and easy to digest, exercise are well-organised. The excel formulas introduced are quite useful. Looking forward to more courses from Karl :)

Nov 24, 2017

A really nice course to understand the basics of probability

By Leopold G

Jun 16, 2017

All the concepts and examples are taught very intuitive and accessible. One can also find useful Excel hints for calculating probabilities. Many thanks to the authors of the course!

By Christian F

Apr 30, 2017

an excellent course. Congratulations and thanks to Prof. Schmedders and his team

By Daniel K

May 06, 2017

I found this course very helpful in doing exactly what the title says it is trying to do. The professor is excellent at translating theory into readily grasped concepts. The exercises were well thought out and presented and added value to the course. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

By Seungwan K

Sep 07, 2017

Easy, smart, and funny introduction to probability. Recommend this course to those who feel that probability would be difficult but would like to learn!

By Youcheng L

Nov 05, 2017

awesome course materials and presentation!

By Hristo H

Feb 26, 2018

Really enjoyed this class. It gives a nice introduction to probability with engaging examples. It require that you have excel and in the later part you spend sometime solving exercises in Excel.

By George S R

Feb 02, 2018

Very easy to understand the explanations. The examples are also intuitive and easy to follow along.

By Umeshraddi K

Apr 16, 2018

Before this course, I hated probability exactly like Karl mentioned in the beginning of the course. But now it's really fun and interesting to look things from probability perspective. Thanks Karl for the course. Thanks Jose for interesting problems and way to solve them.

I look forward to further courses from Karl, please inform me whenever you are conducting a new course.

By Gilbert A

May 08, 2018

This course has been very well explained by prof. Karl and easy to follow.

By Rocio R

Mar 05, 2017

Very easy to follow!

And very nice exercises.

By Simone S

Apr 17, 2018

Although very simple it delivers what it promises

By Nitin M

Jul 05, 2017

It is a gentle introduction to probability. The professor and the teaching assistant are excellent. This indeed is a intuitive introduction to probability, I would highly recommend this course.

By hari

Jul 02, 2017

Can I have more advanced course of this

By vidya b

Sep 10, 2017

wonderful course, covers basic probability and its applications in the most interesting way i have seen ever.

By Olivier T

Aug 27, 2017

Very good... a very good start to understand Probs...

By Stefano M

Jan 11, 2018

Excellent explanations, clear, concise and fun. Best course I found on basic probability, really entertained me and got me stuck to the computer wanting to learn more. Definitely recommended!

By Nevzat C

Jul 25, 2017

The way that Karl fallow is great. Very thanks to him.