Back to An Intuitive Introduction to Probability

Learner Reviews & Feedback for An Intuitive Introduction to Probability by University of Zurich

This course will provide you with a basic, intuitive and practical introduction into Probability Theory. You will be able to learn how to apply Probability Theory in different scenarios and you will earn a "toolbox" of methods to deal with uncertainty in your daily life. The course is split in 5 modules. In each module you will first have an easy introduction into the topic, which will serve as a basis to further develop your knowledge about the topic and acquire the "tools" to deal with uncertainty. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to complete 5 exercise sessions to reflect about the content learned in each module and start applying your earned knowledge right away. The topics covered are: "Probability", "Conditional Probability", "Applications", "Random Variables", and "Normal Distribution". You will see how the modules are taught in a lively way, focusing on having an entertaining and useful learning experience! We are looking forward to see you online!...

NS

Sep 17, 2017

Superb course. I am very impressed with the way the faculty explained real world examples through the probability concepts. I wish we can have more courses from him on statistics and machine learning.

RR

Jun 17, 2017

Amazing course to understand the nature of probability and its applications. Lecture delivery by Karl is fabulous and the efforts put in by Jose is highly appreciable. Hoping for an advance course.

176 - 200 of 274 Reviews for An Intuitive Introduction to Probability

By Michael P

Jul 27, 2017

Engaging!

By Supratim P

Dec 02, 2017

Good course to get examples on real life examples on probability

By Martina C

Mar 30, 2018

The teacher is funny and clear, he made me love Probability!

By christopher w

Feb 23, 2018

Excellent course, the instructors were engaging and succeeded in making the course fun. I learned a lot from this and it did not feel like work at all, rather it was a pleasure to participate. Very nicely done indeed!

By Lau C C C

Jul 19, 2018

By Ishchenko I

Sep 10, 2018

Simple course to remind some concepts from the university

By Sergey B

Sep 17, 2018

Karl is a great techer, thanks for the course!

By Parakh S

Sep 24, 2018

Nice way to get the knowledge of probability. Beginners must try this if they HATE probability.

By Khan H

Oct 23, 2018

Nice intuition about probability that can help you to understand the problems in daily life, and how to solve it. Appreciate the teacher of this class for best intuition.

By Rahul K

Oct 24, 2018

A really no-nonsense course that helped me reacquaint myself with the basics of probability. I found the Professor to be extremely knowledgeable, convivial and enthusiastic. Truly, the professor knew his probability. He was able to explain concepts with a childish ease and amazing flow. The course is also very well structured, transitioning from discrete random variables to continuous random variables seamlessly. Personally, I would love to attend more MOOCs conducted by this Professor. A very good course for beginners as well - not a lot of prior knowledge is required.

By MANIKANDAN R

Oct 30, 2018

I am Mathematics Professor in an Engineering College in India. Karl and Jose are excellent. Karl show me a new way of teaching, and it is fun to learn. Since its a basic course I know the concepts, but still it is interest to learn. This course give me some refreshment in probability concepts. The title of the course and the content is superbly matching. Hats off to Karl, Jose. Salutes to Coursera for give me an opportunity like this.

By Bilonozhko A

Nov 01, 2018

Great course, thanks a lot! Incredible simple and understandable presentation of the material.

By Walid Z

Nov 04, 2018

Simply excellent. I had a lot of fun learning about probabilities and clarifying some notions that I missunderstood.

By Marwan B

Nov 20, 2018

A new way to see the world around you especially in the statistical and probalitily view of the world

By Nguyen M

Sep 28, 2018

Thank you so much! All the explanation in the course were clear and intuitive! I have looked for explanation for probability and random variables in many places and still could not grasp the ideas. and Karl is the best teacher!

By Shashank

Oct 08, 2018

Wonderfully helpful. If you ever need help in probability, take this course. It teaches you all important fundamentals in a engaging and fun way. Loved it.

By Tobias A

Sep 30, 2018

Very interesting. Even with a limited unterstanding of the math behind probability you will get the gist of the course.

By Valeriy K

May 09, 2019

Indeed, this is a very intuitive intro to the topic of probability presented by a great professor. I took this course along with one from the University of London (To p or not to p) which was more advanced. So this course complemented the concepts in a great way. Strongly recommended!

By Hugues T

May 13, 2019

Bonne introduction qui permet d'aborder dans sa globalité les notions de base sur les Proba.

By Piyanka D

Apr 18, 2019

The teaching technique of Professor is awesome. Loved to continue this course for his extensive delivery of lectures with easy real life examples. Thank you Sir, love to take part other courses where you will teach in Coursera.

May 06, 2019

Es un curso diseñado para personas que no tienen mayor conocimiento sobre la teoría de la probabilidad. Si bien este no es mi caso, debido a la claridad y profundidad del profesor, me pareció un curso excelente; especialmente debido a los ejemplos y aplicaciones que utiliza.

By Alexei K

May 06, 2019

The best Probability course ever. I would like to take an advanced Probability course by Karl Schmedders.

By Antonio L I

Jun 26, 2019

Good teacher and quite enjoyable activities

By Pramey R

Jul 14, 2019

I thoroughly enjoyed this course. Mr. Karl is a wonderful teacher. I would love to know if there are more advanced versions of this course which I can take up. Thanks again.