Back to An Intuitive Introduction to Probability

Learner Reviews & Feedback for An Intuitive Introduction to Probability by University of Zurich

This course will provide you with a basic, intuitive and practical introduction into Probability Theory. You will be able to learn how to apply Probability Theory in different scenarios and you will earn a "toolbox" of methods to deal with uncertainty in your daily life. The course is split in 5 modules. In each module you will first have an easy introduction into the topic, which will serve as a basis to further develop your knowledge about the topic and acquire the "tools" to deal with uncertainty. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to complete 5 exercise sessions to reflect about the content learned in each module and start applying your earned knowledge right away. The topics covered are: "Probability", "Conditional Probability", "Applications", "Random Variables", and "Normal Distribution". You will see how the modules are taught in a lively way, focusing on having an entertaining and useful learning experience! We are looking forward to see you online!...

NS

Sep 17, 2017

Superb course. I am very impressed with the way the faculty explained real world examples through the probability concepts. I wish we can have more courses from him on statistics and machine learning.

RR

Jun 17, 2017

Amazing course to understand the nature of probability and its applications. Lecture delivery by Karl is fabulous and the efforts put in by Jose is highly appreciable. Hoping for an advance course.

201 - 225 of 271 Reviews for An Intuitive Introduction to Probability

By Rajvardhan M (

Jul 15, 2019

The lecturers have seamlessly weaved course

content + topical and intriguing examples/applications of Probability

into an engaging learning experience. Brilliant!

By Iván P M

Jul 20, 2019

It's really very intuitive. And it helped me to remember some basic stuff of probability. Thank you.

By Atin J

Jul 25, 2019

The course provides introduction to probability in a very interesting manner along with the common misinterpretations of it as well.

Go for it to clear your basics of probability.

By John K N

Jul 28, 2019

I think it's best course ever. It was good with a lot of good examples and easy to follow

By Anantkumar B

Aug 12, 2019

Prof. Schmedders discusses concepts, demonstrates how to use functions in Excel and neatly ties them to real world scenarios. For all those intending to learn funadmentals of probability, look no further.

By avik

Aug 14, 2019

Cleared my fear of probability !

I am not scared of probability anymore.

By 谭庭玺

Aug 17, 2019

老师教的好

By Robin C

Sep 14, 2019

Wonderful co

By Robin B

Sep 16, 2019

Great lecturer! Makes it easy and fun to understand probabilities!

By Nika I

Oct 13, 2019

The course was very interesting and informative. I repeated what I knew and studied everything I had never heard of. Everything was very clear.

By Joep M

Sep 26, 2019

Very clear and fun course! Excellent teacher with lots of examples, but also explains all the basic theory from the ground up.

By Fei

Sep 09, 2019

Very interesting !

By Nuzha Y

Sep 09, 2019

Absolutely fantastic presentation. Very clear delivery with good examples.

By Prashant C

Oct 05, 2019

Karl is exceptional. Love the way you teach, especially the real life examples and cases.

Thanks to Karl, I am no more scared with the word 'Probability'...!! Kudos to you..!!

Would love to attend more MOOCs conducted by Karl.

By Kiryl A

Oct 16, 2019

That was one of the most awesome courses I've ever seen. Professor Karl explains extremely nice and now I think that probability is really fun! Thanks for all your efforts, Jose and Karl. I was really enjoying your lessons. Cheers from Belarus!

By Rahul S

Oct 26, 2019

This is a very good introductory course to the challenging topic called Probability. My approach is to start from this course and then take advanced courses on the topic in my journey to Data Science, and Machine Learning.

By 马顺

Oct 25, 2019

interesting and easy to understand

By bhanu m

Nov 10, 2019

Best introductory course on probability. Gave me confidence to seek advance knowledge in probability.

By Kazis L

Nov 13, 2019

This is indeed a very good course since it's giving the real fundamentals for the subjects. Thanks a lot!!!

By Tomasz S

Mar 07, 2019

Very good course, i would like to have more open questions . Explanation was super - very intuitive :)

By Crispin R

Mar 29, 2019

Videos were very useful and interesting. This helped me develop my understanding of statistics in my A-Level Maths course.

By PRASAD K

Apr 04, 2019

Very enthusiastic professor. The real world examples were the highlight of the course. Would have liked more math content though.

By Max G

Jan 26, 2019

An interesting course in probablity and statistics. In some cases the equations given are not explained clearly enough. I would have preferred a demonstration of how the equations were actually derived, but perhaps that was beyond the scope of this course.

By Hasan B

Feb 01, 2017

Very nice and entertaining course

Sometimes the quizzes can be a bit frustrating. They could be set better.

Also, often the quizzes are very trivial.

By Robert C P

Apr 29, 2017

A very nice introduction. The instructor shows a lot of enthusiasm for the subject. The exercises help reinforce the material.