Back to Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us by University of Pennsylvania

The vital signs – heart rate, blood pressure, body temperature, respiration rate, and pain – communicate important information about the physiological status of the human body. In this six-part course we explore the anatomy and physiology underlying the vital signs so that you will develop a systematic, integrated understanding of how the body functions. Relevant body systems are reviewed including cardiovascular and respiratory, followed by explanations of how the function of these systems affects vital signs. We discuss normal ranges, normal variants, and the mechanisms that underlie changes in the objective measurement of vital signs. The course also includes demonstrations of appropriate techniques for measuring vital signs in yourself and others. The course is designed for a broad, general audience but will be particularly interesting for individuals working in healthcare, those considering a career as a healthcare professional, lay caregivers, those with an interest in personal health and fitness, or anyone who simply wants to understand how the body functions....

BR

Sep 30, 2018

Yes, it is very useful to me and I will suggest to my friends to take this course. My sincere Thanks to Connie B. Scanga, PhD, she taken the all lecture clearly and her lecture was easy to understand.

AB

Jun 30, 2017

I really enjoyed to the professor and the idea of learning the material with her students. It made me feel as if I was in the classroom learning with them. She broke down the material in a great way.

101 - 125 of 575 Reviews for Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us

By David Y

Nov 10, 2016

Enjoyed every minute. Very informative.

By Maria J A

Apr 19, 2016

Excelente curso. Todo el contenido fue muy claro y útil para repasar o incluso para iniciarse en el tema.

By Mila R

Feb 28, 2017

Very well organized and explained content.

By shreeniwas k

Jul 24, 2017

Its is very much helpful.

By Jesús E O M

Aug 05, 2016

Excellent course

By gaobinn@yahoo.com

Jan 03, 2017

one of my exciting learning process

By Aiste V

Dec 21, 2016

Since I am a nurse this course was perfect for me to refresh the skills about human anatomy and physiology in the most important parts of the body.

Dr. Connie B. Scanga, thank you so much for clear explanations about everything. It was easy and interesting to follow. You have been a perfect teacher on this course.

By Humam T

Apr 09, 2016

Great course!!

By Elmer D F

Nov 12, 2016

First and foremost, I would like to extend my sincerest thanks and gratitude to the Coursera Community for offering this course. Likewise to the instructors especially Dr. Scanga for simplified mode of instruction.

I gave a perfect rate simply because I learned a lot from this course. The process of delivering your lessons are really simplified and practical in nature because after each lesson, practical assessments follow. This is a good reinforcement of learning. Your graded assignments as well gave the learners ample time to rethink and deeply contemplate on the incorrect answers. I believe that after failure, great learning comes in. And this is the very purpose of your graded assignments for extending them up to 3 attempts.

Once more, thank you so much and more power!

By ttnyeo

Apr 17, 2016

Really interesting and great presentation

By Andrea D G

Mar 10, 2017

I've taken a lot of courses online, not only on this platform, and this one is by far the best and my favorite. I really wish there would be more courses on medical sciences and specially with Prof. Scanga teaching. She is just the best. Love from Venezuela.

By Olga Q

Jan 03, 2018

I do love this course, it contribute a lot to my knowledge and also help me to understand better with real examples. Thanks a lot. I hope to be able to take the next ones to come.

By Yanti S

May 25, 2018

I have great experience to have this very valuable knowledge. Thank you very much, Prof. Scanga. Thank you, Coursera

By Frank S

Nov 20, 2017

Learned a lot. Excellent are the content organized and the instructors.

By Tyree S

Mar 09, 2016

I like this class because the instructor explains the information very well. I am using this as a refresher course and I definitely feel like I am learning a lot through her teaching. I would recommend this class to anyone that would be interested.

By christian g

Dec 13, 2017

This course was magnificent. I learned an enormous amount of information and it was all clear and easy to understand. I am eternally grateful to Dr. Scanga.

By Jamile J

May 28, 2017

Great course for Allied Health students getting ready to starts clinical rotations and need to review a couple of topics.

By Krishna

Jul 30, 2016

Excellent course!!! More informative, perfect materials and demonstration.

By Christian T

Dec 15, 2017

Thank you for the lessons, Professor Scanga.

By Isabella S F

May 29, 2016

Maravilhoso! Infelizmente o o certificado não é gratuito.

By Marit B

Feb 19, 2017

I really enjoyed this course. It was interesting!

By Sara M T C

Nov 15, 2017

This was a great course. It was easy to follow, great questions, I found the directed notes especially helpful allowing me to fill in what I thought was important as I watched the lectures. I enjoyed the simulations. I would love to see/hear more of the irregular examples.

By Maria

Mar 04, 2017

Professor Connie Scanga performed an excellent job in manifesting and delivering quality education. Her ways are truly effective and engaging. The course covers a lot of important topics that will enhance the understanding of an individual on why assessing vital signs is quite important.

By Michał M

Sep 05, 2016

Well prepared, good recording, great questions at the end of each video. The material could be a little more in depth.

By Oh P S

May 29, 2017

A simple and quick introduction to understanding common medical symptoms