Back to Business Writing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Business Writing by University of Colorado Boulder

Writing well is one of the most important skills you can develop to be successful in the business world. Over seventy companies and twenty thousand students--from professional writers to new employees to non-native English speakers to seasoned executives--have used the techniques in Business Writing to power their ability to communicate and launch their ideas. This course will teach you how to apply the top ten principles of good business writing to your work, how to deploy simple tools to dramatically improve your writing, and how to execute organization, structure, and revision to communicate more masterfully than ever. From the very first lesson, you'll be able to apply your new learning immediately to your work and improve your writing today. Your ideas are powerful. Learn how to deliver them with the clarity and impact they deserve. "Thank you for giving me the knowledge I need in life. [Business Writing] was helpful, life changing, and has made a huge impact in my writing." -- Message from a Business Writing student The principles you'll learn in this course enable you to become a great business writer. They also provide the foundation for moving into Graphic Design and Successful Presentation, so that you can unleash your best professional self whenever--and however--you present your ideas in the workplace....

YS

Jun 12, 2017

It was an exceptional course with lots to take away from. It taught basic building blocks of business writing and then built upon it which provided a great way to self learn the content of the course.

JS

Jan 10, 2018

Even if English is your first language, this course was a great refresher of how to apply writing skills to email and business documents. I would recommend to anyone looking to sharpen their skills.

76 - 100 of 366 Reviews for Business Writing

By Hannes H

Sep 30, 2018

Straightforward skills which make a big difference if mastered.

By Xiyun W

Oct 02, 2018

This course has very clear instructions. I enjoyed it very much.

By George K

Oct 01, 2018

The course is amazing, easy to digest, and teaches the essentials of good business writing efficiently.

By DanielleEagleeye

Oct 21, 2018

Assisted me with crafting work emails/memos

By Brandalyn G

Oct 22, 2018

Dr. Quentin introduced me to concepts I had not yet been introduced to in this way. I really appreciate having the opportunity to advance my writing skills.

By Brenda T

Oct 24, 2018

Excellent refresher course, also a lot of new information.

By Ngueuche A B

Oct 24, 2018

The course is very essential for everyone. A life changer in writing.

By Nazir A k

Oct 29, 2018

I learned alot from this course.this is very good and helpup to specielly profesional peoples.

By Francisco R

Oct 29, 2018

Great Course. I will go through it again to help me grow and improve on my business writing skills.

By Hyun D P

Nov 02, 2018

This course is my favorite course because as the English learner, it teaches a lot of formal ways and practical methods how to deliver my message to others. Thank you very much for the teache

By Kang S K

Aug 29, 2018

The simplicity of sentences and the choice of words make it possible to accurately convey what I want to say. good

By Ji A P

Aug 29, 2018

Very useful course!

By Renata A A d S

Aug 15, 2018

I am so glad I took this enriching course!

By Ethan B

Aug 15, 2018

This is a great course and the teaching quality is unbeatable. I would recommend to anyone who wants to improve their writing skills.

By Jerod G

Aug 31, 2018

Great course! Although i wish i knew the honors portion started week 3 so I could have planned ahead for the extra workload.

By Muhammed A E

Jul 26, 2018

one of the best courses that i take in my life, must taken!

By Nada O

Nov 05, 2018

Enjoying it all and looking forward to the other modules.

By Eun-young S

Jul 12, 2018

I learned many practical tips. I am more conscious about my writing and started to notice others' mistakes after the course.

By Se J O

Jul 15, 2018

good

By Gian G

Nov 27, 2017

Quentin has such a mastery of what makes good writing, and she teaches it so comprehensively and powerfully in her Business Writing course.

By Dennis A B

Dec 05, 2017

Love the three-part approach.

Information, Design, Presentation

By Rebecca L

Jan 22, 2017

This course taught me new skills for outlining and self-editing that have already improved my writing process.

By denise

May 18, 2017

I enjoyed the course. It is well organised and 'waste no time'.

By Partha G

Jan 07, 2017

Simply great !!!

By Michael K

Apr 14, 2017

Dr. Quentin McAndrew's "Business Writing" is a strong course. It can be a applied to all forms of business writing; documents, memos, emails, video scripts, and web copy. Be warned, you will never look at another email from your colleagues the same way again.