Back to Business Writing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Business Writing by University of Colorado Boulder

Writing well is one of the most important skills you can develop to be successful in the business world. Over seventy companies and thirty thousand students--from professional writers to new employees to non-native English speakers to seasoned executives--have used the techniques in Business Writing to power their ability to communicate and launch their ideas. This course will teach you how to apply the top ten principles of good business writing to your work, how to deploy simple tools to dramatically improve your writing, and how to execute organization, structure, and revision to communicate more masterfully than ever. From the very first lesson, you'll be able to apply your new learning immediately to your work and improve your writing today. Your ideas are powerful. Learn how to deliver them with the clarity and impact they deserve. "Thank you for giving me the knowledge I need in life. [Business Writing] was helpful, life changing, and has made a huge impact in my writing." -- Message from a Business Writing student The principles you'll learn in this course enable you to become a great business writer. They also provide the foundation for moving into Graphic Design and Successful Presentation, so that you can unleash your best professional self whenever--and however--you present your ideas in the workplace....

YS
Jun 11, 2017

It was an exceptional course with lots to take away from. It taught basic building blocks of business writing and then built upon it which provided a great way to self learn the content of the course.

MA
Nov 29, 2020

THIS COURSE IS VERY HELPFUL FOR EVERYONE\n\nWHO WANT TO LEARN HOW TO WRITE MEMO HOW TO DESIGN IT HOW TO ADD HEADING POINTS\n\nI LEARNED HERE EVERY SINGLE THINGS THAT HAPPEN IN REAL LIFE\n\nGOOD COURSE

76 - 100 of 901 Reviews for Business Writing

By Gladys G M R

Dec 27, 2018

The course was easy to understand and provided many useful tips. I'm very thankful for the effort you made creating such an amazing course, I have no doubt that putting into practice what i've learn, will improve the quality of my writing.

By BRIJESH K V

Excellent course on business writing.

Very well designed & explained with quick learning techniques.

This course is really very helpful to improve professional writing skill.

Special thanks to course instructor - Quentin, David and William.

By Dhinesh A D

Jun 2, 2020

Must take course to improve your writing skill. The lectures accurately underlines the common mistakes people make in writing memos and e-mail. The course offers best practices for writing, that is a great tool to structure your writing.

By Salomea C

Mar 10, 2020

Fantastic course. I can recommend to anyone wanting to improve as a professional, no matter what field or position they are in. Intuitive, easy to follow and certainly not boring. I was eager to go back to learning every week. Thank you!

By Aamir C

Oct 7, 2020

To much think learn in this course,It was an exceptional course with lots to take away from,It taught basic building blocks of business writing and then built upon it which provided a great way to self learn the content of the course.

By Vincent S

Nov 30, 2017

I found this an incredibly simple course, but that doesn't mean easy. The modules were laid out well and Quentin provides great detail in her instructions. I am using the tools every day and I know that the clarity is coming quickly.

By Tuhina A

Oct 28, 2020

It is an exceptionally well, easy to implement course. I could immediately put the lesson learning to practice and see improvement. I would recommend this to all those who want to be able to express well in writing and be clearer.

By Lia F

Apr 13, 2018

I audited this course and even though I did not get to take the quizzes or participate in the assignments it improved my writing and revision skill. It was incredibly informative and easy to follow. I highly recommend this course.

By G. A W

Jul 17, 2020

This was exactly what I needed. Even though I notice lingual slacking in others writing I try to be forgiving. I try not to do it myself, but I have fallen into some bad habits and will remember what I learned in this course.

Dec 26, 2019

I appreciate what I have learned in this course. I was able to sharpen my writing, which is more important to me now than in previous years. In my young adulthood, good and great writing is crucial for me in my career choice.

By Roleth F

Nov 2, 2020

This is a short course which highlihgts the most important elements in Business Writing It is short, simple, easy to learn but very precise. Thank you for this course. I hope to apply it in my daily professional activities,.

By MIKAELA D O E

Jun 27, 2020

This course enabled me to get out of my comfort zone and improve my writing skills. Although I have much to learn, thankfully, I already covered the basic foundation to become a better writer. Thank you for this opportunity.

By Harrison D

Jul 12, 2020

The course on business writing made me rethink the way I write, by keeping the experience of the reader top of mind. I learned tips that emphasize clarity, proofreading, and brevity when composing any document or email.

By Raúl A M

Jul 23, 2017

Gracias por el Curso y por el esfuerzo de ustedes en cada sesion. Es un curso donde se aprende realmente a escribir y a pensar. Durante cada sesión senti cercano el apoyo de los instructores. Gracias y Dios los bendiga.

By Bethany M W

Sep 19, 2020

Business Writing is an excellent (and fun) refresher course in writing with clarity and brevity. The 10 steps will guide my professional writing career. Looking froward to the next three MOOCS in this Specialization.

By Ellis K P

Nov 15, 2016

Great course!

For me this course ended too quickly. I think the business writing aspect of this specialization can be divided into two or three courses, so that we may get more time to practice and learn new things.

By Michail S

Sep 8, 2017

Excellent course, very good lectures and great tips to improve your business writing skills. The course teaches the basics of great business writing and challenges you to elevate your writing. Highly recommended!

By Alejandra B

Mar 1, 2018

This course includes very important and useful techniques for a better writing. It was a smooth experience, easy to comprehend and apply. I loved watching the videos. The course is interesting and entertaining.

By Sigourney R B M

Oct 17, 2020

I love how this course is so friendly and concise in its excellent explanations. The speakers convey their expertise clearly that I'm certain almost everyone will be able to learn from them. Congratulations!

By Tanya N

Really enjoyed and learnt a lot from all the esteemed professors.

Special thanks to Dr. Quentin for teaching smoothly and helping to clear misconceptions which was not noticeable earlier. I look up to you!!

By Hend N

Feb 12, 2018

It's amazing Course and instructor. I completely gained a real knowledge which make me able to understand a lot about business writing . I do thanks Coursera for giving me this chance to improve myself.

By Florince R A M

Sep 4, 2016

Dr. Quentin kept the course engaging. Finished it in 4 days because of the way she taught. The course is extremely useful and the lessons will stick. The practical applications of this course is endless.

By YKALYAN K

May 15, 2020

faculty teaches precise content. they provide tricks and tips which helps you to tackle any situation in writing. please do join this course, it will be very beneficial to us. it will hone your skills.

By Yennitzzia S I M

Jan 3, 2020

This course really helps to improve on things that might look easy but that we don't normally check, and is really easy tp carry on and understand, even for me that english isn't my first language.

By Mohammed S

Jun 30, 2020

Yes, I came to know about my mistakes in the means of writing a business letter. I have also rectified several times. I intend not to make mistakes any further. This course has been very helpful.